What do we expect from our new coach.

zipseuph

Wins in 12  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To set myself up to be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to disappointed, I voted for 2 wins.

I'm hoping for 3-5, but I'm expecting 2.

I just don't think we yet have enough talent on either the OL or DL to win many games. We'll see if TB is able to scrape together some JUCO linemen to help us out next year. Even though he is Terry Bowden (I still can't believe we actually have a celebrity HC!) it's awfully late in the recruiting season. Other schools have been recruiting their guys for a year now.

To set myself up to be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to disappointed, I voted for 2 wins.

I just don't think we yet have enough talent on either the OL or DL to win many games. We'll see if TB is able to scrape together some JUCO linemen to help us out next year. Even though he is Terry Bowden (I still can't believe we actually have a celebrity HC!) it's awfully late in the recruiting season. Other schools have been recruiting their guys for a year now.

can I request that we don't call him "TB" something about using the abbreviation for tuberculosis just doesn't sit right. I know, how bout T-Bow :D

I'm going with 3-5.

It doesn't take long to load up on good JUCO players and get the program moving forward. In reality, kids haven't even made an official campus visit yet.

can I request that we don't call him "TB" something about using the abbreviation for tuberculosis just doesn't sit right. I know, how bout T-Bow :D

Prior to reading your response I had just called him T-Bow in another post! :lol: I think it's a cool nickname even though it sounds just like Tebow.

T-Bow, rhymes with wow. I like it.

Prior to reading your response I had just called him T-Bow in another post! :lol: I think it's a cool nickname even though it sounds just like Tebow.

You're right, Keener. It would rhyme with "wow," and not with, "throw," like I was thinking.

Yeah, no Tebow rip off here! T-Bow, I like it!

You're right, Keener. It would rhyme with "wow," and not with, "throw," like I was thinking.

Yeah, no Tebow rip off here! T-Bow, I like it!

Count me in on the "T-WOW" Factor!

I was tempted to vote 3-5, but knowing Terry Bowden, there's no way HE would be content with those numbers. I'd guess he's looking for at least a .500 record his first season. And I'm not about to cast doubt on his high aspirations. Not after enduring two years of a "process" in which our only goal was to seeming "get better" or "compete"....neither of which happened.

3 wins in 2012

6 wins in 2013

9 wins and a bowl appearance in 2014

Even with 3 wins next year we will be competitive. No more blowout losses to Can't, Buffalo, and Western Michigan. Eventually I wanna see some payback to those schools for the beat downs that they gave us this year.

I too chose 3-5... If T-Bow is anything he's cracked up to be it should be a clear sign that the coach was the reason we couldn't win.

Looking at out OOC schedule, and guessing what our conference schedule will end up being, heres what I am thinking:

Of our 4 OOC games, UCF is a winnable game, FIU is a question mark since we really don't know where we stand with our talent and the new coach but winnable if we play a really good game, Morgan State is a shoe-in win, and Tennessee is a shoe-in loss. That means at least 1-3 headed to conference play, but Im hoping for 2-2 and maybe 3-1 if we're a little lucky.

Once in conference play... we're likely to have 3 games that are very winnable. assuming my predictions are right, we'll have buffalo and miami on the schedule again along with Cant, and of those 3 we should be able to win 2 of them (buffalo is NOT as good as the score looked this year - same goes for Miami).

Putting it all together... We should have 3 wins next year at minimum, with 5 being possible if T-Bow can make our talent do some great things for once and 6 if we're REALLY lucky. I will go with a prediction of 4-8 for 2012. Not winning, but leaps and bounds ahead of what iCoach was capable of.

I am going to say this and I know I will be disagreed with but here goes.

Akron has a lot better talent on this team than to be 2-22 the last 2 years.

Not saying this is MAC champ calibre, but it certainly in the upper half.

I beleive that you will see more wins just because we will have a coach that knows how to coach these guys up and the negative attitude will be gone from the locker room.

I too chose 3-5... If T-Bow is anything he's cracked up to be it should be a clear sign that the coach was the reason we couldn't win.

Looking at out OOC schedule, and guessing what our conference schedule will end up being, heres what I am thinking:

Of our 4 OOC games, UCF is a winnable game, FIU is a question mark since we really don't know where we stand with our talent and the new coach but winnable if we play a really good game, Morgan State is a shoe-in win, and Tennessee is a shoe-in loss. That means at least 1-3 headed to conference play, but Im hoping for 2-2 and maybe 3-1 if we're a little lucky.

I think you have UCF and FIU backwards... I think UCF will beat us and we have a chance against FIU.

I think you have UCF and FIU backwards... I think UCF will beat us and we have a chance against FIU.

UCF was 5-7 last year, FIU was 8-5 and lost to Marshall 20-10 in the Beef O' Brady's St. Petersburg Bowl.

UCF is a mediocre C-USA team that trounced mediocre Sun Belt teams. FIU was a top Sun Belt team, but they will lose a lot of talent, they proved they are worthless without Carrol(sp) at QB.

Both will be tough games, but with that said, when our guys were trying they hung with FIU. I think a well coached and reinvigorated team can come out and hang with UCF with a chance for a win.

08-30-12 all eyes on Akron. I believe there are a very limited number of games that Thursday. I know UMass plays their first game as an FBS team that night too.