Zeke?

t900442

I was unable to listen to the Zips/Miami game last night, but in reading the brief summaries of the game it seems that Zeke was a non-factor with only 2 pts on only 4 shots, no free throw, zero rebounds or asssts, in 31 minutes. He only had 3 fouls, so it wasn't like his play was restricted by that. Just when he started to show some flashes over the last few games that he is starting to "get it", he apparently took 2 steps back last night. Can anybody tell me what happened? Was he simply not able to handly Miami's physical big men (Mavunga and McGhee)?

People on here are going to say that I'm biased and probably shouldnt respond..BUT while watching the game it looked as though Zeke was just having a really crappy game. Their bigs had nothing to do with Zeke's 2 points, no rebounds, no assist, no FT...not having spoken to him personally, I can only assume that he was just having a "sh***** couple of days and it showed in his play yesterday. He just didnt seem to be there...IDK...he looked extremely distracted to me.

The one thing that Zeke will certainly have to learn is how to not allow his off court issues affect his play on the court, BUT when you are talking about a 21 year old, young man..sometimes it's easier said than done. Certainly not making any excuses for him...and Yep he has to learn that lesson quick...but don't we all have our "off days" sometimes....it's just that Zeke's off day can have fans like you wondering if what he did during previous games was a fluke....I call it "growing up"...it happens....he'll get it together...trust me...I know!!

Nice to have a team where our star 7-footer goes for 2 points/0rebs and we still win by 5, on the road, against a solid opponent.

If Mavunga had those numbers, Miami would have lost by 26.

See CK...I'm just sayin..again Zeke's game was CRAPPY and UNPRODUCTIVE (outside of those 3 blocks) BUT...like you said even with him being OFF last night..we still came up with the win...so people just need to chill out and calm down!

People on here are going to say that I'm biased and probably shouldnt respond..BUT while watching the game it looked as though Zeke was just having a really crappy game. Their bigs had nothing to do with Zeke's 2 points, no rebounds, no assist, no FT...not having spoken to him personally, I can only assume that he was just having a "sh***** couple of days and it showed in his play yesterday. He just didnt seem to be there...IDK...he looked extremely distracted to me.

The one thing that Zeke will certainly have to learn is how to not allow his off court issues affect his play on the court, BUT when you are talking about a 21 year old, young man..sometimes it's easier said than done. Certainly not making any excuses for him...and Yep he has to learn that lesson quick...but don't we all have our "off days" sometimes....it's just that Zeke's off day can have fans like you wondering if what he did during previous games was a fluke....I call it "growing up"...it happens....he'll get it together...trust me...I know!!

I just wanted to take a second to praise you for being such a great member of ZipsNation. On more than a handful of occasions I am sure you have exercised great restraint when others have taken shots at Zeke. You have always taken the high road and kept calm in situations where I would have been quite angry. I'm glad that you continue to post because your grace and dignity are beyond reproach.

I believe that stats can be misleading and Zeke did not have a terrible game. Keith would not let Zeke play 30 minutes if he was not playing well.

Although Zeke did not have any rebounds, Miami only had 4 offensive rebounds. Zeke kept his man off the boards while his teammates rebounded the ball. In the 2nd half he was often away from the basket guarding Mavunga. Miami did a great job on the defensive boards and Akron did not have many offensive rebounds. (Tree only had 1 offensive rebound)

When Zeke scores in double figures, it is because his teammates are getting him the ball in a position where he can score. That did not happen very much in the Miami game. I can only remember one time where Alex passed Zeke the ball and Zeke did not take the ball to the hoop and got the "Keith glare." Give Miami credit for their team defense. Zeke is not going to break down a defense like Q and Alex can. He is dependent on this teammates to score. If Q can penetrate and get layups, there is no reason to get the ball into Zeke.

I still believe that Zeke is most effective when he gets the ball and makes an immediate move towards the basket. The VCU game was a perfect example when the game was on the line Keith got the ball into Zeke and he went towards the basket was fouled and made the free throws. Zeke is a much stronger player this year and expect to see him in double figures next game.