Egner?

ajgareri

Not sure who the newb is.

As for Egner. He's behind Zeke, Nikola, Tree and Harney on the depth chart. The Zips are big, talented and deep up front. Unfortunatly for Josh he isn't quite the caliber of player that those other 4 are. He'd probably be starting at a lot of other programs in this conference, if not playing major minutes, but here he is the 5th best big we have, and there just isn't enough minutes to go around. If he's patient and works hard he should take over some of Nikola's minutes next year.

The "new kid on the block" is a walk-on..who I've seen practicing with the team a few times prior. Heard he is quick, can shoot the lights out from the 3 and is a good player!

MORE INFO WANTED!

This is a pretty deep team. Anyone who can walk into a spot on the bench must be impressive.

And Mama, Zeke did REAL good tonight.

Our future needs for now seem to be a point guard in the AA/Dru Joyce mold, and a big guy to start breaking in.

What is the "AA/Dru Joyce mold"? Those guys are completely different players.

AA = Lightning quick, pesky defense, dribble-penetration

Joyce = Conservative ball handler, set-shot 3-pointer, relied on high basketball IQ to compensate for an otherwise ordinary skill-set.

Ibitayo is much more in the "Dru Joyce mold" than AA.

Joyce = Conservative ball handler, set-shot 3-pointer, relied on high basketball IQ to compensate for an otherwise ordinary skill-set.

They couldn't really be more different skill set wise. Ibitayo will be huge for us. Athletically, he's bigger and longer than most any guard we've had.

They couldn't really be more different skill set wise. Ibitayo will be huge for us. Athletically, he's bigger and longer than most any guard we've had.

I disagree. But I should have clarified that I only meant offensive skill set. Defensively, huge difference.

Ever see Ibitayo's 3-point shot? It's like someone stretched-out Joyce on a rack until he hit 6ft 3, and let him bomb-away. Very similar.

I disagree. But I should have clarified that I only meant offensive skill set. Defensively, huge difference.

Ever see Ibitayo's 3-point shot? It's like someone stretched-out Joyce on a rack until he hit 6ft 3, and let him bomb-away. Very similar.

I'll agree their 3-pt shots are similar. But I see Deji as a finisher around the rim in a way that Dru could never have dreamed. Their verticals are miles apart.

What about primary PG responsibilities such as running the team, ball distribution, etc.?

If you compare Rico's sophomore season statistics to date to Joyce's sophomore season stats, there are a lot of similarities.

StatSheet.com

You can make a shot. And Quincy Diggs can make a shot.

Statistically, you and Q would be identical. But there is no similarity in your games.

What I meant was:

SOMEONE WHO CAN ACTUALLY PLAY PG. SHOOT 3 POINTERS AND DRIVE THE BASKET.