Friday Pregame

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped into the Clevelander (next door to Paninis) after the women’s game today.

Sorry, folks this place will be LAME. Give me the Cadillac Ranch any day!

There were two signs advertising Zips Specials. You can get a $5 pitcher of Budweiser or 5-Bud Light bottles for $12. (this is no special)

When I asked what the specials were today, he said there weren’t any other than happy hour prices. I thought this was the Zips home for the MAC tournament!

He said the Zips specials were on Friday and Saturday. I asked him what food/appetizers were a part of the deal and he said there were NONE. Then he clearly repeated that they made no promises with UA on food.

I told him that was lame and walked out the door…

I stopped into the Clevelander (next door to Paninis) after the women’s game today.

There were two signs advertising Zips Specials. You can get a $5 pitcher of Budweiser or 5-Bud Light bottles for $12. (this is no special)

When I asked what the specials were today, he said there weren’t any other than happy hour prices. I thought this was the Zips home for the MAC tournament!

He said the Zips specials were on Friday and Saturday. I asked him what food/appetizers were a part of the deal and he said there were NONE. Then he clearly repeated that they made no promises with UA on food.

Looks like Paninin's may be the near-by fall back?

Or maybe a return trip to the Cadillac Ranch...the kids loved the mechanical bull.

Gotta agree....while the 5 dollar pitcher deal isn't bad, if that's it then that is ridiculous. I went in there today before the game expecting a few decent deals, but couldn't believe that was all there was. Also, not one Akron thing hanging up in the entire place....Flannery's has window paint with "Let's Go Can't State" across their entire front. Terrible.

It's mind blowing how bad UA drops the ball with this stuff every year.

If you want a great bar that ALWAYS has good deals, check out Wilberts (next to the Thirsty Parrot)...it's a fairly big place (bigger than the Clevelander) and has 2 dollar domestic bottles at all times, as well as various other deals especially for happy hour. You can walk right through the Caxton building next door to the Clevelander to get to the place, or walk up from the other side.

Wilberts

I was skeptical on the Clevelander as soon as somebody on here mentioned it was owned by an OU grad.

Wilberts sounds cool, and you can't go wrong with Panini's either. What happened with the Winking Lizard? I remember in the past it was decked out with Akron stuff. I'm definitely not sold on the Clevelander. I may stop in to see what the crowd's like, but if it's not popping off with Zips fans, I'm going someplace else.

I'm a little bit out of the loop since the last couple of years I've been able to score loge tickets and bypassed the bar scene. Unfortunately, this year I'm gonna be back in the "cheap seats" and will be looking for a spot to get a couple of drinks before the game. I guess I'll continue to check here to see what the consensus is.

Akronnnnnnnn,

All the spots that have been mentioned are within walking distance (on top of a dozen places that haven't been mentioned).

I was skeptical on the Clevelander as soon as somebody on here mentioned it was owned by an OU grad.

Wilberts sounds cool, and you can't go wrong with Panini's either. What happened with the Winking Lizard? I remember in the past it was decked out with Akron stuff. I'm definitely not sold on the Clevelander. I may stop in to see what the crowd's like, but if it's not popping off with Zips fans, I'm going someplace else.

I'm a little bit out of the loop since the last couple of years I've been able to score loge tickets and bypassed the bar scene. Unfortunately, this year I'm gonna be back in the "cheap seats" and will be looking for a spot to get a couple of drinks before the game. I guess I'll continue to check here to see what the consensus is.

Akronnnnnnnn,

All the spots that have been mentioned are within walking distance (on top of a dozen places that haven't been mentioned).

I'm in the same boat as you. And I was also wondering about the Winking Lizard, too.

I'm always amazed at the number of landmines the University can step on. The choice of pregame party should have been a slam dunk (pun intended).

Which one of the following three facts doesn't belong?

1. Last year, the fans had a blast at Cadillac Ranch before the game.

2. Last year, Cadillac Ranch did a great job as host of Zips fans.

3. This year, a new pregame party place is selected.

Agree 100 percent the U dribbled the ball off their foot and right out of bounds.

But I still remember how Cadillac Ranch washed their hands of us after the championship game last year. So it wasn't perfect.

With dozens of options, I cannot believe that it's difficult to find a good venue for us.

I'm always amazed at the number of landmines the University can step on. The choice of pregame party should have been a slam dunk (pun intended).

Which one of the following three facts doesn't belong?

1. Last year, the fans had a blast at Cadillac Ranch before the game.

2. Last year, Cadillac Ranch did a great job as host of Zips fans.

3. This year, a new pregame party place is selected.

Agree 100 percent the U dribbled the ball off their foot and right out of bounds.

But I still remember how Cadillac Ranch washed their hands of us after the championship game last year. So it wasn't perfect.

With dozens of options, I cannot believe that it's difficult to find a good venue for us.

Agree. It wasn't perfect, but pretty darn good.

They had 5 or 6 appetizers for half price, several beer options and unlimited time before the games to party.

And heck, the bar area and couch/fireplace area made it nice to mingle. And my kids liked the food.