Michigan @ Akron

Zips would be gravely mistaken to overlook Michigan for Creighton. :nono:

This is especially true since I'd give Washington a decent shot at upsetting Creighton. Those teams are both way too highly ranked to meet this early. Creighton was #8 and Washington #10 in the last coaches poll.

Just focus on beating Michigan. The way Michigan came to life late in the last game scares me a little, since that's exactly the same point in the game we have been likely to give up goals in the past.

This is especially true since I'd give Washington a decent shot at upsetting Creighton. Those teams are both way too highly ranked to meet this early. Creighton was #8 and Washington #10 in the last coaches poll.

Just focus on beating Michigan. The way Michigan came to life late in the last game scares me a little, since that's exactly the same point in the game we have been likely to give up goals in the past.

Washington was not #10 in the last NSCAA coaches poll. Marquette was #10.

Washington climbed from #24 to #21 in this week's rankings.

In the round of 32, the #12 seed should be facing the 21st ranked team

Creighton probably deserved to be seeded higher than #12. However, their league also gets no respect as SIU-Edwardsville should be in the tourney

Washington was not #10 in the last NSCAA coaches poll. Marquette was #10.

Washington climbed from #24 to #21 in this week's rankings.

In the round of 32, the #12 seed should be facing the 21st ranked team

Creighton probably deserved to be seeded higher than #12. However, their league also gets no respect as SIU-Edwardsville should be in the tourney

I was looking at Top Drawer Soccer - sorry I identified the polls wrong. I'm surprised there's such a big difference.

I'm ready and focused for Sunday. Wish it was tomorrow. We are going to kick off the tailgate earlier than normal at 1pm. Swing by on your way to Cub Cadet Field. It's always a pot luck event, but we always have some extra food and beverages to go around.

1pm - Lot 9 directly behind the football scoreboard.

Look for the blue and gold flags. Parking is free. The grill will be fired up and the beer will be flowing.

I rarely attend The March during the season, but I never, ever miss The March during Tournament.

Only grey-hairs at The March can accurately convey the depth of the occasion. God bless the AK Rowdies, but youngster virgins know nothing of the world. There is Tradition here that must be satisfied. We are Akron. That which exists now has been here for a very long time, much longer than my lifetime. It is healthy for the players to see this history at crunch time.

I urge everyone else to attend as well. Some of you may be there for the first time. It does not matter! Come young, old, blind, crippled, or crazy. Carry them if you must.

I don't see us having a hard time with Michigan. Coach Porter will have them ready. I also think Washington will have a hard time beating Creighton on the road.

We crushed Michigan during our title run.. what 7-0? :bow:

Then they came back and played us tough in the tourney! We should be pumped for this team!

:NCAAC:

Looks like the crowd is very subdued thanks to the NCAA hawks policing the student section, just looking for an excuse to call a forfeit.

Looking at the fans, at the start the Michigan Student group should have been thrown out for holding their flags over the field and also for trying to take over the mid-field area. But, we won, which is what counts. :D

Some thoughts from the game -

We started out poorly in the first 20 minutes and had trouble dealing with Michigan pressing high. I know everyone is on the Abdul-Salaam train right now but he really isn't ready to be playing in bigtime NCAA games. Makes me wonder why guys like Foldesy, Morris, etc have been buried on the bench behind him but obviously hard to argue with anything the coaching staff does.

Stevenson was my M.O.T.M. He scored a great goal and did a good job keeping possession and being dangerous with outside shooting. Akron definitely misses Brenes, and to a smaller degree, Koroma.

I was happy to see Schmitt come in and make an impact. If the same players are available in the round of 16, expect him to start in-place of Abdul-Salaam.

Our finishing in the second half was very poor. There were many chances to put the game on ice and Akron was very wasteful. As the tournament progresses, these mistakes will prove to be costly.

Chad Barson was outstanding in the back as well. What a warrior. Same goes for Meves. What a big time save he made late in the game.

Anyone know the status on Brenes? Everyone says he is day-to-day but that's been going on now for some time. Also Koroma wasn't even on the bench? Are we sure he is just 'sick' and if he is, I don't wanna get whatever he's got because he's been out for some time as well now.

Go zips! bring on (most likely) Creighton.

Michigan fans are so obnoxious. Before and after the match, cars are whizzing through the parking lots through pedestrians, honking horns. Michigan license plates each time. Not to mention their in-match antics. The team is obnoxious and dirty as well.

These people need to be taught some manners.

Michigan fans are so obnoxious. Before and after the match, cars are whizzing through the parking lots through pedestrians, honking horns. Michigan license plates each time. Not to mention their in-match antics. The team is obnoxious and dirty as well.

These people need to be taught some manners.

Looked to me like the referee and the AR's were part of the problem The referee took every opportunity to award a

free kick to Michigan in the second half. Plus the horrible body slam by the UM player along the side line and no call.

The AR was right there. Just how does a player get slammed out of bounds, knocked to the ground and no call?

Creighton might want to insist on that same officiating crew. They were as crooked as the crew that officiated the

California game a couple of years ago.