Tracking Zips Class of 2013 Senior HS Seasons

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick Morgan outscored Isaiah, 19-16, but Isaiah outrebounded Maverick, 12-10.

Only one stat gives me pause, that being that Maverick had 5 blocks. Of course it doesn't say who those blocks were on, but the one criticism that I've read of Isaiah's game (that makes some wonder how well his skill set will translate to the college level) is that he doesn't have much lift. If Maverick blocked Isaiah 5 times it could show that Isaiah may have a lot more trouble getting his shot off at the college level than he does at the high school level.

This is the main reason I was interested in seeing some photos of Isaiah. He didn't play football this year and apparently lost about 30 pounds. I'm hoping he can run a little faster and jump a little higher than he could when scouts were making their assessments.

Anyway, he sure is one big, powerfully-built dude.

I found this live blog of the Walnut Hills-Springboro game.

It sounds as if Isaiah Johnson and Maverick Morgan battled pretty evenly. Blogger doesn't mention any of Maverick's blocks being on Isaiah, and I'm sure he would have if any of them had been - his blog really centers on the play of these two.

He says Isaiah is 6'9" & close to "three bills." He also said something like, "Johnson takes a tumble; dent in the Cintas Center floor." :lol:

Good job, Isaiah! Win one more so we can watch you on t.v.!

Go Zips!

Aaron Jackson's Gahanna Lincoln plays Columbus Northland this Saturday. The winner wins the Regional and is one of four

finalists for the state championship.

Thursday evening Lincoln defeated Pickerington Central 53-50 to gain the regional finals.

Aaron had a great game that included a monster (over used word) rejection of Ohio State bound JaySean Tate's bunny lay up.

Aaron Jackson's Gahanna Lincoln plays Columbus Northland this Saturday. The winner wins the Regional and is one of four

finalists for the state championship.

Thursday evening Lincoln defeated Pickerington Central 53-50 to gain the regional finals.

Aaron had a great game that included a monster (over used word) rejection of Ohio State bound JaySean Tate's bunny lay up.

GoZips, did you see the game? Was it televised?

I believe the state Final Four is televised. If so, we might just get to see both Isaiah Johnson and Aaron Jackson.

Isaiah leads the team to victory with 16 points and 10 rebounds.

Johnson’s dunk with 1:34 left put Walnut Hills ahead 43-42. Then, Sterling Gilmore’s layup resulted in a 3-point play putting the Eagles ahead 46-42 with 53 seconds remaining.

Still, Johnson needed two free throws with 21.2 seconds left to seal the victory.

GoZips, did you see the game? Was it televised?

I believe the state Final Four is televised. If so, we might just get to see both Isaiah Johnson and Aaron Jackson.

Yes, that game has been replayed on Time-Warner sports Channel a couple of times.

We will get to watch Isiah Johnson as his Walnut Hills team advanced to the Final Four.

Unfortunately, Gahanna Lincoln lost; so, no more TV of Aaron Jackson.

In other news, BJ Gladden's Olympic HS won the North Carolina class 4A championship today.

Olymic Wins

Looking forward to seeing Big Ike on the tube. If they end up playing for the title against Northland it would be very interesting. That Northland team is no joke.

I went and saw Aaron Jackson and Gahanna Lincoln in their regional final against Newark a week or so ago. In Aaron I saw a guy who looks like he has a ton of potential. He is very quick, has good height, and hustles all over the floor, and looks like a guy who really likes to get his teammates involved around him. That being said he seems to have a very wiry frame and really needs to bulk up and get some more strength. I trust that will start happening on Day 1 as an actual Zips team member. One thing that I mentally made note of about Jackson was that he looks to be a pretty darn good free throw shooter. Now THAT fills a need for the Zips! :)

That being said he seems to have a very wiry frame and really needs to bulk up and get some more strength. I trust that will start happening on Day 1 as an actual Zips team member. One thing that I mentally made note of about Jackson was that he looks to be a pretty darn good free throw shooter. Now THAT fills a need for the Zips! :)

I think he will play the 2 guard for the Zips.

Looking forward to seeing Big Ike on the tube. If they end up playing for the title against Northland it would be very interesting. That Northland team is no joke.

I went and saw Aaron Jackson and Gahanna Lincoln in their regional final against Newark a week or so ago. In Aaron I saw a guy who looks like he has a ton of potential. He is very quick, has good height, and hustles all over the floor, and looks like a guy who really likes to get his teammates involved around him. That being said he seems to have a very wiry frame and really needs to bulk up and get some more strength. I trust that will start happening on Day 1 as an actual Zips team member. One thing that I mentally made note of about Jackson was that he looks to be a pretty darn good free throw shooter. Now THAT fills a need for the Zips! :)

IMHO, AJ has a terrific build for a high school kid. He's built like a young Jimmy Conyers... only bigger. He's a good 6'6". He'll be yet another really good "wing" in our offense - running a PG, W, W, P, P.

He looks like a typical KD-type of player; he's not going to average 20 PPG, but he could average 10. And with the ability to drive, dunk & hit the three, he's someone the defense will always have to keep track of.

And with his athleticism, length and strength, I could see AJ being a monster defender.

Isiah Johnson update:

Cincinnati.com

He was also named AP Division 1 First Team All State.

Three quotes from Walnut Hills' HC Ricardo Hill:

"When he gets to college when they really put him on a weight program, he is going to be a monster."

Isaiah dropped 20-25 pounds last fall. [HC Ricardo Hill] said Johnson went "from a good player to a great player" with the weight loss.

"Offensively we try to push the ball up the floor. We will play a fast-paced game. We do have the ability to slow it down. We believe [isaiah Johnson is] the best big man in the state - so obviously we want to feed him."

It's great to hear that Isaiah can apparently get up & down the court even though the article lists him at 6'9" & 270.

Correct ZIP. Her coach is Mark Alberts Sr. He was the long-time boys coach at Orrvilles rival Wooster. Mark, Jr has coached at WCAL Northwestern where he has won numerous league titles. Also, Macie Alberts was coach of the Orrville girls for about 7 years in the early 2000's. It will be interesting to see if Hannah can come in and contribute right away as a backup guard. I hope so, cause this team is going to be very good next year.

V. interesting! (And sorry for the late reply, I just saw this one) Wonder what Marcie Alberts is doing now. She was a fantastic combo guard for the Buckeyes, an all-American, who played on their national championship team. Could make a good college coach, if she wants it.

V. interesting! (And sorry for the late reply, I just saw this one) Wonder what Marcie Alberts is doing now. She was a fantastic combo guard for the Buckeyes, an all-American, who played on their national championship team. Could make a good college coach, if she wants it.

You are good Z.I.P! She is the head coach at Heidelberg.

Marcie Alberts with her lineage and experience could be a great head coach in waiting.

Let us see what Jodi Kest does in the next few weeks as she will be in demand.

Coach Kest has taken a moribund program from the pits of hell to a true contender for a MAC crown.

No mean feat. Kudos to coach Kest. She will be in demand at the next level (power six conference).

Does she cash her chips now or stay another year and go for prize?