You know you are a Zip when

akronzips71

When I was there, the block parties around Kathryn Place got bigger every year. Still knowing people on campus, after I left, I had heard about it growing to above 100 kegs on Kathryn alone. It was that year or the year after where the wild furniture burning and large police confrontations happened, and Akron legislated it out of existence. This was in the 90s

When I was there, the block parties around Kathryn Place got bigger every year. Still knowing people on campus, after I left, I had heard about it growing to above 100 kegs on Kathryn alone. It was that year or the year after where the wild furniture burning and large police confrontations happened, and Akron legislated it out of existence. This was in the 90s

The Kathryn Place "riot" must have been in '90 or '91. I wish I had a smart phone back then. :rolleyes:

*you come back to work on 2/4 and one of the first things someone says to you is "did you watch the game?"

You respond "I went to the game" and then realize by the puzzled look on their face they were talking about the Super Bowl. :D

You know what WAUP was.

You avoid admitting to huddling by the massive gas heater near the trough urinal in the men's room at the rubber bowl.

You worked at WZIP when it was in the basement of Guzetta.

You remember it being cheaper to pay the parking fine within 5 days ($5) being cheaper than buying the parking pass for the entire semester.

You lived in Bulger hall when it wasn't co-ed.

You've locked your girlfriend in your Bulger Hall closet in the middle of the night when someone dumbass pulled the fire alarm....9 times in one night!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...