WTF!?!?!?

MDZip

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selfish, yes. Disrespectful to the team, yes. A terrible reflection on UA, yes. But to set your hopes on him being made an example of and wanting him to rot in prison? (For selling weed???) What the heck is wrong with you guys? Questioning why someone would want the best for him by sending their prayers his way? Self-righteousness knows no bounds I guess.

Well said. We aren't far away from pot being legalized in all 50 states. Sure, he broke the law, but to lock a kid up and throw away the keys for this is short sighted. He is done as a Zip, but he shouldn't be done for life.

Possible. That is the thread of hope that I am holding on to. We should find out more today after he appears in court. Does anyone know what time that is happening?

We will very likely hear nothing more unless Abreu, on his own volition, feels the need to force it out. The ONLY thing coming out of a defendant's mouth in an arraignment is: guilty, not guilty, or no contest. (or I need a lawyer appointed for me since I'm poor)

In all seriousness guys...Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Of course not. The Zips need to lay waste to the MAC and Can't tonight like the Delta house destroyed Faber. Just like is says on the Faber College logo, "Knowledge is Good", we need to remember that winning is good and do some winning the next few days.

Our best days are ahead of us.

We will very likely hear nothing more unless Abreu, on his own volition, feels the need to force it out. The ONLY thing coming out of a defendant's mouth in an arraignment is: guilty, not guilty, or no contest. (or I need a lawyer appointed for me since I'm poor)

Typically the judge will explain the charges being brought against the defendant. We should have a little better idea of what he is looking at. You are right though, we probably wont hear much from Alex.

Typically the judge will explain the charges being brought against the defendant. We should have a little better idea of what he is looking at. You are right though, we probably wont hear much from Alex.

I called him a punk for doing such a stupid, selfish thing and scarring the university, fans, teammates and kids who follow. I am fully aware of "innocent until proven guilty" and I will eat my words and apologize if he is a victim here, but I am telling you I highly doubt it. If he is a victim and innocent, I hope he is vindicated. If he is guilty, I hope he gets what he deserves (nothing more).

In all seriousness guys...Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Of course not. The Zips need to lay waste to the MAC and Can't tonight like the Delta house destroyed Faber. Just like is says on the Faber College logo, "Knowledge is Good", we need to remember that winning is good and do some winning the next few days.

Our best days are ahead of us.

Umm

The GERMANS did not bomb Pearl Harbor.

What kind of education are you guys getting at UA these days?

Umm

Here you go "akronzips71" thanks for the early morning laugh. You should rent this movie.....it is really funny - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GP1: Heyyyyyyyyy!!!! What's this lyin' around s***?

a-zip: Well what the h*** we supposed to do ya mo-ron?

Zipsnation (collectively): War's over man, APD dropped the big one.

GP1: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Akronzips71: [whispers] Germans?

Captain Kangaroo: Forget it, he's rolling.

GP1: And it ain't over now!!! 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! C'mon!

[runs out, alone... then returns]

What the $% happened to the zipsnation I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you GP1, we might end up disappointed." Well just kiss my @$$ from now on!! Not me!! I'm not gonna take this. Evans, he's a dead man! Cooper, dead! McCreaaaaaa -

w00t: Dead! GP1's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these b***ards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

GP1: We're just the guys to do it.

meatwad: Let's do it.

GP1: LET'S DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIT!!

When we paste Can't by 20 on senior night in a few hours, we'll all feel better.

Umm

Here you go "akronzips71" thanks for the early morning laugh. You should rent this movie.....it is really funny - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course that movie reminds me of "Animal House" and I have always believed that it was based on the Lone Stars of the 1960's. And the antics of Artie R.

Zipsnation (collectively): War's over, man. APD dropped the big one.

GP1: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Akronzips71: [whispers] Germans?

Captain Kangaroo: Forget it, he's rolling.

GP1: And it ain't over now!!! 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone... then returns]

What the $% happened to the zipsnation I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you GP1, we might end up disappointed." Well just kiss my @$$ from now on!! Not me!! I'm not gonna take this. Evans, he's a dead man! Cooper, dead! McCrea -

w00t: Dead! GP1's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these b***ards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

GP1: We're just the guys to do it.

meatwad: Let's do it.

GP1: LET'S DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIT!!

When we paste Can't by 20 on senior night in a few hours, we'll all feel better.

EPIC WIN. :bow:

Per Big Zips's link, AA has plead Not Guilty. His next court date is March 22nd (Day 2 of the Big Dance, not counting the play-in round). Bail is set at 5k. Someone will probably pay it, I'm guessing.

Here's the one-in-a-billion best case scenario now, since he remains suspended until the matter is resolved:

1. It comes out on March 22 that not only is he not guilty, but it was somehow a huuuuuuuge misunderstanding and he's super-extra-innocent of any wrongdoing at all (like, the package was supposed to go the people next door or something), and he is quickly set free.

2. The Zips, having won the MAC Tourney, have their first game in Dayton, and it's a night game.

3. His suspension is immediately lifted and he makes it down to Dayton in time for the game, where we find he has stayed in game shape and picks up where he left off.

Come to think of it, one in a billion is probably too generous.

Per Big Zips's link, AA has plead Not Guilty. His next court date is March 22nd (Day 2 of the Big Dance, not counting the play-in round). Bail is set at 5k. Someone will probably pay it, I'm guessing.

Here's the one-in-a-billion best case scenario now, since he remains suspended until the matter is resolved:

1. It comes out on March 22 that not only is he not guilty, but it was somehow a huuuuuuuge misunderstanding and he's super-extra-innocent of any wrongdoing at all (like, the package was supposed to go the people next door or something), and he is quickly set free.

2. The Zips, having won the MAC Tourney, have their first game in Dayton, and it's a night game.

3. His suspension is immediately lifted and he makes it down to Dayton in time for the game, where we find he has stayed in game shape and picks up where he left off.

Come to think of it, one in a billion is probably too generous.

Trying to remain positive, a case can be advanced at any time. The other guy could exonerate AA. Like he was visiting and the package came and he knew nothing about it.

However, we do not have all the facts. When the Police entered there could have been distribution things right there in plain sight - scales and glassines. We don't know. So at this point, we have to assume he is gone and work out a new lineup.

All we can do is hope that melo or someone steps up. The team is more than just AA.