WTF!?!?!?

MDZip

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selfish, yes. Disrespectful to the team, yes. A terrible reflection on UA, yes. But to set your hopes on him being made an example of and wanting him to rot in prison? (For selling weed???) What the heck is wrong with you guys? Questioning why someone would want the best for him by sending their prayers his way? Self-righteousness knows no bounds I guess.

Here's hoping someone steps up... and hoping no less that everything works out for Alex.

I sure would like to see someone like Walsh or McAdams sharing point duties. Both can shoot the 3 and both seem to have the ability to play within themselves to limit turnovers. Leaving the point to Carmelo and DeJi worries me.

The show must go on. Very disappointed but looking forward to watching our guys step it up to administer another beat-down of Can't. Go Zips!

From Deadspin

A search of the Akron Municipal Court records shows Abreu was charged today with two third-degree felonies of drug trafficking and drug abuse. In Ohio, third-degree marijuana trafficking is charged when the amount in question is between one and five kilograms. The third-degree felony charge of aggravated possession includes "a presumption for a prison term."

http://deadspin.com/5989346/star-akron-gua...ficking-charges

@PhilTrexler: Police: K9 detected large package of pot being shipped to UA guard Alex Abreu and undercover cops delivered. Abreu accepted, then arrested

I am crushed.

Words can not describe how pissed i am

Everyone take a deep breath. I did 30 years in Law Enforcement and I have seen this before. They will need to be able to prove he knew what was in the package. Maybe they can. Maybe they can't. Anyone can send a package to anyone. Do not condemn him yet. At least let's see what the evidence shows.

From what I have seen so far, the "selling" is based on the quantity, not an actual sale.

Remember last year when Tree got locked up in a bar fight and all you guys jumped all over me because I said it was nothing and it would go away.

It was nothing and it went away.

I don't know if this will go away. He is done for this season for sure.

But plenty of people who are charged are never convicted. Let's have a little American Presumption of Innocence for now.

Hilariously ironic comment from jcribbs16fan on deadspin.

I wouldn't exactly call Abreu a star... But he's still a good player. This is so completely unshocking if you follow MAC basketball... Akron does not hold its players to a reasonable standard. Check also: Quincy Diggs & Demetrius Treadwell. #Crackron

Cribbs, you'll recall, was the upstanding (and clearly brilliant) citizen who called the police to his residence to settle a domestic dispute... and forgot to get his drug paraphernalia out of plain sight before letting the cops in.

The lawyer in me was curious, so based on the code Abreu was charged with (the second count), this is what the law reads:

(d) If the amount of the drug involved equals or exceeds one thousand grams but is less than five thousand grams, possession of marihuana is a felony of the third degree, and division © of section 2929.13 of the Revised Code applies in determining whether to impose a prison term on the offender.

That is a BIG TIME sting operation you guys. Abreu was definitely doing this for some time prior to this sale being set up.

We should all say a prayer for you too. You are one judgmental asshole.

Marijuana is plant, not a drug. Also he has not been found guilty of anything. This is all speculation, you don't know the facts. You just want to bash Alex.

I am not sure I am sorry for the team YET. Being a former college athlete myself I knew what my "teammates" were involved in off the court. Im quite sure players on this team knew what he was doing (ALLEGEDLY)

And I'm out

That is the conversation that I have been having with people. If he really was selling that much weed his teammates HAD to know. Also, this would be very hard to keep secret from students at the university. He is too high profile of a student. Something is really strange about this.

Wait a second, so you could just ship a box full of pot to someone without warning, and if they accept it without knowing what's in it they get arrested?

EXACTLY CORRECT.

It happens all the time. What they do, is they ship to someone they don't even know. Then they watch the house. If the cops don't show up after the delivery, they ring the bell and say:

"Excuse me, I think UPS sent my package here by accident and I am here to pick it up".

OR

They just watch the driver deliver it and leave it at the front door, which is way common, and if no cops can be spotted, they just take the package.

It can be a tough charge to beat, and we do not know all the details. Too much assumption going on here.

He is done for this season, but may not be guilty of anything.