Are u ready for some football?

Ham

BB had a great run, but I'm ready to see what TB & staff can develop this spring. Weight room & mat drills will show dedication, but lets see who steps up when they put the pads on!

I agree with you. We can anguish over the way the basketball season ended, but we won't see the next chapter in Akron Basketball start to form for another 6 months.

In the meantime, football needs our support. We need a successful football program to bring our overall sports portfolio to the level where it needs to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the subtitle for this thread again and when I saw "Are u ready for some football?", I thought, Hell Yes!!! Then I realized it was only spring practice.

Then I remembered seeing Herbstreit on TV last night in College Station for the A & M spring game and I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if there were real games being played this weekend." Then I realized there could be real games being played. In fact, if the MAClike conferences came to their senses and had a national spring football league starting the weekend after the Final Four and ending with a championship game on July 4, this would be the first weekend of games.

A game starting at noon in Akron would bring you no rain today and temperatures close to 50. A game starting at 7 PM would have temperatures in the 40 throughout. That's better than the snow and 30 degree temperatures you get in November. As the season progresses for northern teams, the weather would only get better.

Call me crazy, but I would bet ESPN could get more viewers for an East Carolina vs. Houston game than a Texas A & M vs Texas A & M game.

I fondly remember spring days on campus. Girls had just come back from spring break and were tanned up. They wore less clothing. The atmosphere was a lot lighter. It would make a great atmosphere for college football. FOX would pimp this league like there was no tomorrow, get viewers and much need revenues for the MAClike conference schools who are in the middle of bankrupting themselves with the "building process".

I looked at the subtitle for this thread again and when I saw "Are u ready for some football?", I thought, Hell Yes!!! Then I realized it was only spring practice.

Then I remembered seeing Herbstreit on TV last night in College Station for the A & M spring game and I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if there were real games being played this weekend." Then I realized there could be real games being played. In fact, if the MAClike conferences came to their senses and had a national spring football league starting the weekend after the Final Four and ending with a championship game on July 4, this would be the first weekend of games.

A game starting at noon in Akron would bring you no rain today and temperatures close to 50. A game starting at 7 PM would have temperatures in the 40 throughout. That's better than the snow and 30 degree temperatures you get in November. As the season progresses for northern teams, the weather would only get better.

Call me crazy, but I would bet ESPN could get more viewers for an East Carolina vs. Houston game than a Texas A & M vs Texas A & M game.

I fondly remember spring days on campus. Girls had just come back from spring break and were tanned up. They wore less clothing. The atmosphere was a lot lighter. It would make a great atmosphere for college football. FOX would pimp this league like there was no tomorrow, get viewers and much need revenues for the MAClike conference schools who are in the middle of bankrupting themselves with the "building process".

redundant post is redundant.