Possible Opponent 2015?

K-Roo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, I'd make the call, but wouldn't expect OSU to accept - they are already playing Northern Illinois on 9/12. If N. Ill. falls through (as the article you linked indicated) it would be a nice matchup - less expenditure for Akron to get to their ATM game means more money to place elsewhere, and Akron's players under a GOOD coach should be really fired up to play Ohio State.

I'd like to see Bowden coach against OSU in the 'shoe, if for no other reason then to get the bad memory of Ianello's stunt there out of my head.

Seems OSU needs to fill 2 dates

9/5 and 9/26

Buckeyes Need Home Games 2015

Zips are open on 9/26 in 2015.

@ Louisiana 9/5

Pittsburgh 9/12

Would you make a phone call to Gene Smith?

Why or why not?

I would use my phone, but I would not talk. I would text him and that way he would know I was cool.

I'm thinking he would be so impressed with my coolness that he would agree to play the game in Akron.

I would use my phone, but I would not talk. I would text him and that way he would know I was cool.

I'm thinking he would be so impressed with my coolness that he would agree to play the game in Akron.

Wait a minute. I thought the BCS powers were going to create their own "division" and only play each other.

If this new division hasn't been created by 2015, the lucks will be finding high school teams to play. Let's see, the MAC/YSU to FAMU to high school.

Anything to guarantee a victory!!

I realize ATM games are scheduled for the pay day, but I hope for attractive locations for those of us who would like to travel to enjoy the game day experience. Columbus is not an attractive location. I vote no.

I realize ATM games are scheduled for the pay day, but I hope for attractive locations for those of us who would like to travel to enjoy the game day experience. Columbus is not an attractive location. I vote no.

Come on Keener....I will gladly accept any date to play in Columbus. The only way that we will ever get respect in this state is to beat Ohio State. You cant beat them if you dont play them.

Besides, I look forward to tailgating down there with people that i know and having them ask me "why are you wearing Akron stuff?" It makes my day.

Come on Keener....I will gladly accept any date to play in Columbus. The only way that we will ever get respect in this state is to beat Ohio State. You cant beat them if you dont play them.

Besides, I look forward to tailgating down there with people that i know and having them ask me "why are you wearing Akron stuff?" It makes my day.

I love this! Nothing beats wearing Akron stuff down in Columbus. As well as I would rather play OSU for the chance of gaining prestige in the state by beating them, then playing some other BCS school that would bring little prestige in the state.

I would rather travel for an ATM game to Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson, South Carolina, LSU, Mississippi, or Florida. Just Sayin'. But if we schedule Ohio State, I guess I would go to Columbus and party with Zipgrad01...I don't know...Twist my arm...;)

I'm all for it! I love the match-ups! I don't love OSU but I also don't hate them. I never understood why all the hate. When I used to sit near Barb Hlivko at the Bowl, she used to really voice her hate for OSU. I never had a chance to ask her.

I never understood why all the hate.

For me it goes like this: The bandwagon fans who never attended the institution. Many of those who do attend the institution do not have positive things to say about the institution that I go too, and the arrogance that the town like I grew up in had towards OSU. If you say you were going to OSU people would praise you at your good choice. If you go to Akron they'd question you "why you aren't going to a real school"...and yes I did have that question asked to be verbatim.

There's also this asinine over coverage of OSU in all sports related media in the State. We're one of the few states that have as many D-I schools as we do, yet 50% (and that's a conservative amount) is dedicated to OSU.

I rarely meet OSU fandom that isn't arrogant or entitled. Whenever I do meet the rare modest one, I praise them for not being a jerk.

Dont see them having much interest. Major schools are looking to cut down on the cupcake scheduling due to the new BCS format.

OSU Future Schedules

If tosu is looking to pull back on cupcake scheduling, I'd like to know when. They like to play big name acc schools that actually suck (see North Carolina and VA Tech, a now dead program) to dupe their fan base into thinking they play a difficult schedule. As bad as the acc is, their teams will at least schedule some SEC schools ooc. tosu won't go near an SEC school for an ooc game.

The point of this topic is, whether we should make a call to them. As long as college football is organized the way it is, the answer is, YES. Why? Well, athletic directors are like pimps, only with less morality because a pimp will admit to what he is and pays his girls. A pimp charges top dollar for his top girls so not everyone can afford one. The top girls at non BCS schools are the football team and the mbb team. Do we want to pimp our football team out to a cripple on government assistance (insert: Indiana, Kentucky, etc.) that can pay very little money, or do we want to pimp our team out to business executives who earn top dollar and can afford top dollar? The logical course of action is to pimp our team out to the tosus, Tennessees, etc of the world. I don't like it, but it is what it is in college athletics these days. Take the money. Everyone else is.

OSU Future Schedules

If tosu is looking to pull back on cupcake scheduling, I'd like to know when. They like to play big name acc schools that actually suck (see North Carolina and VA Tech, a now dead program) to dupe their fan base into thinking they play a difficult schedule. As bad as the acc is, their teams will at least schedule some SEC schools ooc. tosu won't go near an SEC school for an ooc game.

The point of this topic is, whether we should make a call to them. As long as college football is organized the way it is, the answer is, YES. Why? Well, athletic directors are like pimps, only with less morality because a pimp will admit to what he is and pays his girls. A pimp charges top dollar for his top girls so not everyone can afford one. The top girls at non BCS schools are the football team and the mbb team. Do we want to pimp our football team out to a cripple on government assistance (insert: Indiana, Kentucky, etc.) that can pay very little money, or do we want to pimp our team out to business executives who earn top dollar and can afford top dollar? The logical course of action is to pimp our team out to the tosus, Tennessees, etc of the world. I don't like it, but it is what it is in college athletics these days. Take the money. Everyone else is.

http://btn.com/2013/05/09/big-ten-teams-st...ball-schedules/

http://btn.com/2013/01/09/dienhart-lets-dr...ball-schedules/

In that case, I'd make the call, but wouldn't expect OSU to accept - they are already playing Northern Illinois on 9/12.

As if OSWho would be so opposed to playing two MAC teams in the same stretch of games in the same season? They would certainly not want to mess up their illustrious history of putting together a top-notch SOS, would they? :lol:

Would you make a phone call to Gene Smith?

Why or why not?

Yes, I'd make the call. It's one of the "blue bloods" of college football. Playing them means a big payday of course, but it also means getting into a game that tons of people are going to watch. Same with Michigan this year or Tennessee last year.

But it seems like Big Ten schools are going to be saying "no" more than they did in the past. If other Big Ten programs improve, then OSU, Mich, Neb, PSU (eventually), etc. can still have these games. If teams like Purdue, Illinois and Iowa continue to be awful, then they'll have to drop MAC teams for someone else.

Yes, I'd make the call. It's one of the "blue bloods" of college football. Playing them means a big payday of course, but it also means getting into a game that tons of people are going to watch. Same with Michigan this year or Tennessee last year.

But it seems like Big Ten schools are going to be saying "no" more than they did in the past. If other Big Ten programs improve, then OSU, Mich, Neb, PSU (eventually), etc. can still have these games. If teams like Purdue, Illinois and Iowa continue to be awful, then they'll have to drop MAC teams for someone else.

The B10 sucks and will continue to suck until they start paying for coaching staffs like the SEC does. Players too, but that is a different conversation.

There is 1-2 tough games in the B10 each year. They need to schedule outside of conference to make it up.

Most SEC teams don't come north. If you look at their out of conference schedules, they suck too. Difference is the SEC has more than 2 good teams.

The B10 sucks and will continue to suck until they start paying for coaching staffs like the SEC does. Players too, but that is a different conversation.

I'm not sure why that doesn't get more attention when people talk about the rise of the SEC. Right or wrong, they spend far more than other conferences do on coaching staffs. It's not even close.

When Bielema left Wisconsin, the general narrative was that he was looking for a real challenge. What a load of crap. Arkansas is willing to pay assistants a lot of money and Wisconsin isn't. He made no secret each season he hated losing his top guys because of money, then he left because of it.

But this gets back to the heart of what's giving the NCAA nightmares right now - aren't these supposed to be academic institutions? A great graphic from Deadspin:

Is Your State's Highest-Paid Employee A Coach? (Probably)

• 2 months later...

Love it. IMO, Stoops is one of the most overrated coaches this decade. Just look at OU's record in bowl games the past decade. They have trouble winning outside their conference.

Still have a whole season between now and then for TB to improve the program. Prime opportunity for an upset.