MAC / Time Warner

I don't care for this deal either. I live in Southern California and one of the reasons why I purchased DirecTv is so that I could subscribe to Sportstime Ohio and the Fox Sports tier (The other reason being NFL Sunday Ticket). Since STO had previously carried a number MAC telecasts, I figured I would get to see a number of Zs games. Not now. Not happy :unsure:

I really enjoyed watching the Zips on STO, so this is very disappointing. Sounds like they will be showing more games to less people. I don't live in Ohio and don't have Time Warner so I will only be able to catch them on ESPN. Had TW a few years ago and seemed like they kept taking away channels and bumping up the bill. Because that makes sense.

I guess as long as all the games are still available online I can manage.

Sports Time Ohio is toast after the baseball season anyhow. Fox bought them and will be merging it with Fox Sports Ohio. STO's contracts with different entities (including the website I wrote for) are done. A lot of good people are leaving STO. Game over.

Time Warner is a rip off. I'm not going back. I have two choices for cable, if I wanted to go back to cable (on DirecTV now) and I don't.

Awful deal, MAC. You screwed yourself. Way to stay small.

Woah guys, check this out..

MAC Sports ‏@MACSports 3h Time Warner Cable SportsChannel to televise 3 MAC FB games: NIU @ Can't St (10/5); Buffalo @ Can't St (10/26), Can't St @ Akron (11/2).#MACtion

A whole 3 MAC games will be televised. What a great deal!!

edit: Jeremy Guy tweeted me and said there are only 3 games because EVERY other game will be on ESPN. So I checked our schedule on GoZips and observed that our BG, OU, NIU, Miami, and UMass games dont have any television coverage with them as of now, so we will see.

edit: Jeremy Guy tweeted me and said there are only 3 games because EVERY other game will be on ESPN. So I checked our schedule on GoZips and observed that our BG, OU, NIU, Miami, and UMass games dont have any television coverage with them as of now, so we will see.

Did you tweet him back with that scheduling tidbit? Interested to hear what he has to say.

According to the MAC board, the MAC is in the middle of renegotiating with ESPN. Supposedly it will be a major increase in payout and the number of games televised. Still a pittance compared to the top conferences, but it's rumored to be the best or second-best deal out of the second tier of the MAC, C-USA, Sun Belt, MWC, and AAC.

Have to wait and see, though. Expect an announcement soon.

Did you tweet him back with that scheduling tidbit? Interested to hear what he has to say.

According to the MAC board, the MAC is in the middle of renegotiating with ESPN. Supposedly it will be a major increase in payout and the number of games televised. Still a pittance compared to the top conferences, but it's rumored to be the best or second-best deal out of the second tier of the MAC, C-USA, Sun Belt, MWC, and AAC.

Have to wait and see, though. Expect an announcement soon.

Yes, I did. He deflected the observation, or maybe didn't understand what I was saying. He sent me a picture of the week 1 games and where they are being televised.

BSyEvV0CAAAmYj4.jpg

On Joe Dunn's radio showe yesterday they said the Time-Warner Sports Net would be picked up by satellite services. Fingers crossed (I have DirecTV)/