Roster Changes 2014

Other notables have transferred (Ben Speas) before, as long as it doesn't become an epidemic, the Zips will be OK. Perhaps Foldesy didn't feel he fit in. Hard to know what's in the head of a 20 year old. Good luck to him (except when the Hoosiers play the Zips).

Using context clues, it looks like Nathan Quirk (Liverpool Academy) is coming to Akron in the next couple weeks. He was talked about in the 2013 recruiting thread, but didn't end up here. The clues are: Embick tweeted his excitement over the players coming in and said stay tuned; some Akron players retweeted a tweet saying Quirk was going to get his 5-year US Visa; and Quirk himself said he would be in Ohio in 2 weeks.

Either way, the announcement Embick was referring to could give us some insight into the squad for the spring games.

Using context clues, it looks like Nathan Quirk (Liverpool Academy) is coming to Akron in the next couple weeks. He was talked about in the 2013 recruiting thread, but didn't end up here. The clues are: Embick tweeted his excitement over the players coming in and said stay tuned; some Akron players retweeted a tweet saying Quirk was going to get his 5-year US Visa; and Quirk himself said he would be in Ohio in 2 weeks.

Either way, the announcement Embick was referring to could give us some insight into the squad for the spring games.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/footb...college-4071229

Then there’s Nathan Quirk who came to us for the last three months of the season after leaving Liverpool.

“Phil Roscoe from the Academy sent him down to us to get a smile back on his face and now he’s flying.

“With the help of Phil and Rodolfo Borrell, he’s got a full scholarship at the University of Akron – the best soccer university in America.

“It gives everyone a boost to see lads from the college moving on to great opportunities elsewhere.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/footb...college-4071229

Then there’s Nathan Quirk who came to us for the last three months of the season after leaving Liverpool.

“Phil Roscoe from the Academy sent him down to us to get a smile back on his face and now he’s flying.

“With the help of Phil and Rodolfo Borrell, he’s got a full scholarship at the University of Akron – the best soccer university in America.

“It gives everyone a boost to see lads from the college moving on to great opportunities elsewhere.”

Haha wow. I guess I was 6 months late on that news. Not sure how I missed that.

if Ismail can come back strong from his injury , I like the look of this team....4-3-3 format....looks good...with the strength of the forwards

I am sure that Coach Embick will still add 3-4 more recruits

Defense men

Andrew Souders

Louis Cross

Saad Aldul Salaam

freshman Bryce Cregan

Phil Fives

Brett Gravatt

Brad Ruhaak

Mid fielders

Victor Souto

Adam Najem

Canadian freshman Rich Laryea

Clint Caso

Osas Malkin

Tyler Sanda (returning from Injury)

Keisuke Ohata

fall 2014 recruit Jesse Garcia Aguilar

fall 2014 recruit Brent Nanchoff

Robby Dambrot

Forwards

Sam Gainford

Ismail Seremba

St. Johns transfer Sean Sepe

Liverpool freshman Nathan Quirk

Riley Grant

fall 2014 recruit Nathan Schulz

fall 2014 recruit Anthony Macchione

if Ismail can come back strong from his injury , I like the look of this team....4-3-3 format....looks good...with the strength of the forwards

Defense men

Andrew Souders

Louis Cross

Saad Aldul Salaam

freshman Bryce Cregan

Phil Fives

Brett Gravatt

Brad Ruhaak

Mid fielders

Victor Souto

Adam Najem

Clint Caso

Osas Malkin

Keisuke Ohata

Robby Dambrot

Forwards

Sam Gainford

Ismail Seremba

Riley Grant

Agreed. Furthering your points:

1. Supposing Ismail Seremba does not return (I really hope that he does), Zips will need another Forward.

2. Sean Sepe did not transfer here for depth. Nothing can be taken for granted, but he is undoubtedly expecting to start.

3. Is Tyler Sanda better than Matt Foldesy? I really liked Foldesy and I thought he was going to contribute mightily in 2014. Too bad. I have not seen Sanda since he was in high school. Why did Foldesy leave?

Defense men

Andrew Souders

Louis Cross

Saad Aldul Salaam

freshman Bryce Cregan

Phil Fives

Brett Gravatt

Brad Ruhaak

Mid fielders

Victor Souto

Adam Najem

Clint Caso

Osas Malkin

Keisuke Ohata

Robby Dambrot

Forwards

Sam Gainford

Ismail Seremba

Riley Grant

1. I hope Seremba returns. He showed flashes. If he does not, Zips will need another Forward.

2. Sepe did not transfer here for depth. He is expecting to start.

3. Why did Foldesy transfer? Is Sanda better than Foldesy? I don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is our class ranked?

Not yet. TDS is trying to keep up. They are the ranking authority (cough), such as it exists.

@MODERATORS: I would love to employ the new Like This function. Every time I try, I get error message. You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day. That obviously cannot be true.