2014-2015

UAZip0510

It's amazing what I'm reading on these post. Just because you lose one player does't define the team as a whole. This team needs to refocus and come together as team to win games. I know Tree was a beast on the boards but I feel we do have a team that will surprise all of us at the end.

Instead of all the negative remarks let's get behind these players and support them with positive remarks. Every player will have a role to play and maybe this is what they needed. Because the focus just won't be one player but as a TEAM.

• 2 months later...

Looking back on my original post, I was way off with Pat. Then again, I didn't see many people predicting a breakout year for Forsythe. I'm thrilled for him.

McAdams has been a bit of a disappointment since MAC play began. He had his 31 point explosion against CMU, but he's only scored 20 points in the other 7 conference games. I really thought he'd take a big step this year and he just hasn't.

Kretzer has struggled as well, especially the last two games. With that said, although it doesn't seem like it, his overall numbers are pretty much in line with his career norms.

I think one of the two will need to start playing a little better if the Zips are to win the conference.

I never thought we would be 15-6 and tied for first in the Mac at this point in the season after Tree left the team. I do not think that anyone would predict we would win a close come from behind game on the road with a lineup of Gladden, Aron Jackson, Kwan, Evans and Robotham and that Gladden would make a winning basket with 3 seconds left.

We should be very proud of the basketball team and how well they are playing.

• Like 2

I'm really feeling good about this team. Pretty much ran the gauntlet (I know a win vs NIU would have been great)..

Our wins are 2 against each of WMU (4-4) BG (5-3) and we beat Central who is tied with UT at 5-3.

If we could pull off wins against UB and Can't State, both at home, we could really start to run away with this thing.

I'm really feeling good about this team. Pretty much ran the gauntlet (I know a win vs NIU would have been great)..

Our wins are 2 against each of WMU (4-4) BG (5-3) and we beat Central who is tied with UT at 5-3.

If we could pull off wins against UB and Can't State, both at home, we could really start to run away with this thing.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. During KD's tenure, we have owned both WMU and BUGS. We should sweep OU and Miami this year, but I think the games against Canada and Can't are unpredictable. We could easily lose all four of those. However, I expect us to win both at home and lose both on the road. I'd love to be proven wrong though.