9100 Attendance

a-zip

Hmmm. Maybe cuz iz wrong. He told me his tickets are all GA but they are designated for 2 specific seats. He thought once those seats were scanned in the rest of the remaining tickets were deactivated. I will quiz him more about them.

Does your cousin smoke crack? If so, that would explain his theory.smiley-smoking-bong.gif

• Like 1

Hmmm. Maybe cuz iz wrong. He told me his tickets are all GA but they are designated for 2 specific seats. He thought once those seats were scanned in the rest of the remaining tickets were deactivated. I will quiz him more about them.

Ticket master puts a code an all general admission tickets that makes them appear to have a seat location. The tickets your cuz received are all good. He has 2 GA seats for every game.

Keener....Maybe he's trying to keep the tickets because he thinks that he can Scalp them and make some money? That would show that he REALLY has never been to an Akron football game. :lol:

Guys...I didn't know about the high school bands. Since that is the case, I will have to raise my max optimistic attendance prediction to 11k.

The curse may continue. Rain through the whole Pitt game, sunny and clear all week, thunderstorms currently predicted to return Saturday just in time for the Savannah State game. :( Weather forecasts are constantly changing, so we can hope this one does. But if it doesn't, get ready for even fewer butts in seats.

I'm aware. I just have a hard time believing there are 10k people with enough money to burn that they buy tickets and don't show up.

Did you miss the whole discussion earlier in this thread about the U "purchasing" 8k or more tickets to distribute to alumni? Those who received tickets to all the home games are much less likely to show up on a day with rain in the area than those who purchased tickets with their own money.

I saw it earlier. Wasn't Can't State in trouble a few years ago for attendance being below the minimum threshold? Why didn't they just "purchase" tickets for alumni?

They were and they did a huge campaign to get a HARD 90k for the season.

I saw it earlier. Wasn't Can't State in trouble a few years ago for attendance being below the minimum threshold? Why didn't they just "purchase" tickets for alumni?

Can't would have been smart to purchase tickets for alumni. But Can't is not smart. They purchased the tickets after the season was over, which is within NCAA rules but probably the least productive way to use university-purchased tickets.

Link

Louisiana Saint:

I have to question your guess that you have 25-30 thousand "butts in the seats". Your ticket SALES for every game over the last two seasons is only ranging somewhere between about 20k and 26k. Does another 5-10 thousand people get in free? The season opener this year was the only game that was higher than 26k (did you have some special promotion that night?).

For those discussing over-buying tickets:

In addition to the 8k per game that were "purchased" for recent graduates that are not being used, there are also plenty of corporate tickets that are given as part of sponsorships, etc., and are never used, but can be counted. And I can tell you that among my Tailgate group, we probably have 20-30 tickets between all of us, and probably half of them are ever used for any given game....unless we use extras to go to the parking lot at halftime, as I've discussed previously. The, of course, you have no-shows. So, to the poster who thinks people are crazy to "buy" tickets and not use them, that's definitely a reality. Just look at both sides of the lower bowl of the JAR during 3/4 of our home basketball games, and you'll see how often it happens. Nearly ALL of those tickets are "sold" for every game.

I can remember as a kid in the late 70's early 80's the NFL announced paid attendance and no shows. I am sure fans in that era also remember waiting to hear if the Browns had sold out in time to be televised on the Cleveland station. I remember watching very fuzzy games at my Grandmother's house on the Toledo station that barely came in.

Memories.

Louisiana Saint:

I have to question your guess that you have 25-30 thousand "butts in the seats". Your ticket SALES for every game over the last two seasons is only ranging somewhere between about 20k and 26k. Does another 5-10 thousand people get in free? The season opener this year was the only game that was higher than 26k (did you have some special promotion that night?).

For those discussing over-buying tickets:

In addition to the 8k per game that were "purchased" for recent graduates that are not being used, there are also plenty of corporate tickets that are given as part of sponsorships, etc., and are never used, but can be counted. And I can tell you that among my Tailgate group, we probably have 20-30 tickets between all of us, and probably half of them are ever used for any given game....unless we use extras to go to the parking lot at halftime, as I've discussed previously. The, of course, you have no-shows. So, to the poster who thinks people are crazy to "buy" tickets and not use them, that's definitely a reality. Just look at both sides of the lower bowl of the JAR during 3/4 of our home basketball games, and you'll see how often it happens. Nearly ALL of those tickets are "sold" for every game.

Hell maybe UA should consider going to the corners at Buchtel, Spicer ETC, and grab those homeless folks, buy em a beer and a hot dog and let them watch the game LOL . Doesn't add to the sales numbers, but at least the butts would be in the seats and it would look like more attendance............... Just sayin

Any programs with the local schools, churches, ETC ? Don't attack me, just curious LOL