Off the Zips

airrage

So, will they clear the snow from the stands for tomorrow's game? Will they even need to? Will there be anyone there?

I was just talking to someone about the lack of stadium snow cleaning before the Nov. Toledo game last year. Expect a repeat, with less seats cleared off, and a few hundred less people in the stands.

I said last week that we'd likely be counting people by the dozens or hundreds, rather than the thousands.

I have changed my prediction: I say that the band will outnumber all of the fans who will actually sit on those metal seats for 4 hrs.

I could deal with the weather. After a dozen years of going to almost every home game and a few on the road, I could deal with the on-field performances. But the BG game was the last weeknight game for me. I have a life outside of InfoCision Stadium/Summa Field and weeknight games are just not worth it. I expect this will be my last year as a season ticket holder if next year's schedule is anything like this year's.

• Like 1

I could deal with the weather. After a dozen years of going to almost every home game and a few on the road, I could deal with the on-field performances. But the BG game was the last weeknight game for me. I have a life outside of InfoCision Stadium/Summa Field and weeknight games are just not worth it. I expect this will be my last year as a season ticket holder if next year's schedule is anything like this year's.

I'm with you, Mark. I came to the BG game directly from work and didn't get home until after midnight. That makes for a long day when your alarm clock goes off at 6 the next morning. Even if the Zips had won, it would have still been a somewhat dissatisfying experience. As GP1 said in an earlier thread, weeknight games are like putting your balls in a vise for 3 hours.

I had 2 days of vacation I had been squirreling away for a potential trip to Detroit or a bowl game (I know, silly me) that I am going to burn for Tuesday and Wednesday. I got a room at the City Centre so I am going to be able to enjoy some libations after the game. So, I am going to be able to squeeze a little enjoyment for myself out of this game, but it is going to cost 2 days vacation to do it. It's definitely not worth it.

You are not the only one reconsidering your season tix for 2015 if we are forced to play these ridiculous Tuesday night games. I have heard it a lot recently and judging from attendance numbers this year, my inkling is that a lot of people said "screw it" this year when saw only 3 Saturday games on the home schedule.

If you're an Alumni, and you want to support your Alma Mater by purchasing season ticksts...ask about the Alumni package. It'll cost you $50 more per seat, but it'll get you tickets to all sports. So even if you don't like Tuesday night games (or go to them), you'll still be supporting the Zips and still have tickets to the football team. Consider it a push (or benefit) because you can then go to all the basketball games etc...

Now that's the recent Alumni package (which I have) but I bet if you ask your account manager, they may work something out like that for older Alumni. My account manager told me I'm elligible for the Alumni season ticket for life..(one price all sports).

I'm with you, Mark. I came to the BG game directly from work and didn't get home until after midnight. That makes for a long day when your alarm clock goes off at 6 the next morning. Even if the Zips had won, it would have still been a somewhat dissatisfying experience. As GP1 said in an earlier thread, weeknight games are like putting your balls in a vise for 3 hours.

I had 2 days of vacation I had been squirreling away for a potential trip to Detroit or a bowl game (I know, silly me) that I am going to burn for Tuesday and Wednesday. I got a room at the City Centre so I am going to be able to enjoy some libations after the game. So, I am going to be able to squeeze a little enjoyment for myself out of this game, but it is going to cost 2 days vacation to do it. It's definitely not worth it.

You are not the only one reconsidering your season tix for 2015 if we are forced to play these ridiculous Tuesday night games. I have heard it a lot recently and judging from attendance numbers this year, my inkling is that a lot of people said "screw it" this year when saw only 3 Saturday games on the home schedule.

Enjoy the City Centre - and hopefully the game too!