Thank ABJ for Frye's success???????

scottditzen

I wonder what newspaper Charlie's talking about...."At Akron, we could upset some bigger team, and I knew that when I opened the Sunday newspaper, it was going to be Ohio State on the front, no matter what they had done, and we'd be buried on some inside page. So, definitely, you develop a little bit of a chip on your shoulder. And to tell you the truth, I always want that chip to be there, just as long as it doesn't get too big. That's a motivator for me. It's part of who I am." Please ABJ!!! More Zips and more MAC.

Did they print this in the ABJ? That would be hilarious. I hope they see that quote and get it through their thick heads that he is telling the truth. :wave: Mabye it would change if we beat Penn State. Actually, probably not because NIU will give Teh OSU Suckeyes a real scare causing mass panic in Columbus. The suicide watch will be doing triple-overtime down there. :lol: The only way Akron would get front page would be if we played OSU in a BCS bowl. That would be awesome to have a rematch next year after we destroy them.

Kind of makes you feel like Charlie's got your back. Ah if we only had a national forum like his - it's nearly the same thing everyone else on this board would have said. Thanks Charlie!On a side note my wife used my tickets for last week's game and came home with a Frye jersey for my 11-month old. The wife's real into this with Charlie in the orange and brown -- she wants the Christmas card to be of all of us in Frye jerseys. Man does that make my weekends a lot easier. Looking forward to the home opener -- first one for the little one.

Charlies support is AWESOME!!!We also need to do our part and be more proactive by writing in to the ABJ, demanding more coverage (some was saying that they were restructuring their format over there and were looking for advice)... you would think that the newspaper would cater to the reader's preferences!!!

Things are going to change at the ABJ, but will it be for better or worse? Check out this story on stafing levels in the news rooms of most papers. David Black the ABJ's new owner likens them to Country clubs where everyone sits around browsing the internet and drinking cofee.http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....&src=rss&rpc=23

David Lee Morgan: "Hey, Charlie Frye. I was thinking of doing a feature column on you for the Sunday Beacon Journal. When can we get together?"Frye: "Who are you?"DL: "You know me, man, DL Morgan! Zips beat writer while you were at Akron."Frye: "I'm sorry, the name doesn't ring a bell."DL: "Well...I was the beat writer...but I really never attended too many games. I did cut-n-paste some football stories off the wire and GoZips.com. You seem like you were a pretty good football player. That's why I want to do the story."Frye: *click*DL: "Hello? Is anyone there? Chuckie? You there? Chuckie?"