I am Hearing Stadium!!!!!!!!!!!

KeeprOFtheHous

If that is the case, I bet we will see a LOT of homes being demolished within the next few months. It should be pretty obvious because there is no real wide open location to put a stadium at the moment. The only thing I worry about is parking. Will everyone just park on campus in our 3 decks or will they flood the side streets and clog up Exchange?

AS you would see at any school with a stadium on campus there are traffic issues that are planned out to direct parking and flow. i streets that are two way become one way on game day, exit only paths and many police helping the flow. there is more than ample parking in our three decks, but i am sure a lot next to the stadium deemed "tailgate land" will be a hot spot.

We "hear" about a stadium all the time. If you want to "see" physical evidence of how far along the stadium is, call the purchasing department and see if they have any projects bidding pertaining to a new football stadium. The answer is yes they do. I looked on McGraw Hill Construction News and it isn't there yet (I may have done the search wrong though), but there are projects in the purchasing department. The University is a public institution and you have a right to see it if you wish."But GP1, but GP1, what are the projects?" Thanks for asking. They are playing a little catch up right now. There are still some routine engineering studies that need to be competed and that is what is out to bid. These studies are pretty easy to do. Things look good. Patience is all they ask.As far as the remainder of the property, someone mentioned a good idea to me last week and someone else told me they did this at one of the Hilliard high schools outside of Columbus. To Hell with the two or three houses they need to buy. Threaten to build the stadium around them and leave their access to the road. Build a fence around three sides of the homes so they will be protected. If this happened, it would drive down the value of those homes to next to nothing like it did to the guy in Hilliard. If those owners want to play hardball, they University should play right along with them. Enough being nice.

last I checked on property tax map (last month?), there were still about half of the houses and a few other businesses in the project zone yet to transfer.
Yeah, but the tax maps only get updated once a year, right?
stadium naming rights have already been bought (for $5 mil) by a local organization (a current supporter... also has their name on the Aeros scoreboard)
First Energy, Summa, or Acme?

Summit County Recorder's OfficeClick on the "Internet Map Server (ArcIMS) Tax Map Application"... it'll bring up the map/search window and you should be able to figure it out from there.
yes, I love that site.I used it extensively when I was house hunting.BTW, Summit county was one of the first in the country to make such a powerful resource available online. That was up years ago, and still most counties don't have tools like that even today. You can thank UofA interns, coops, and grads for that. Akron has a good geography department.