MAC Tournament format changed back

http://mac-sports.com/news/2015/5/28/GEN_0528150548.aspx

In addition, the MAC approved a revised format for the 2016 MAC Men's and Women's Basketball Tournaments at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena. Approved by the Council of Directors of Athletics, the revised format will give the top four seeds a bye into the quarterfinals of the tournament at the Q, with the 5-12 seeds playing first round games on campus sites. Seeding will be determined by winning percentage, regardless of division.

The 2016 MAC Men's and Women's Basketball Tournaments will begin March 7 with opening round games on campus sites. The MAC will host four quarterfinal women's games on Wednesday, March 9 with four quarterfinal men's games to be played on Thursday, March 10. Friday, March 11 will feature two women's and two men's semifinal contests. The men's and women's championship games will be played on Saturday, March 12 at times to be announced at a later date.

All I can say is... thank goodness!

• Like 2

I agree 100% about the unbalanced schedule.

As far as the tournament format, I can't believe it took this long for someone to come to their senses about having some teams play 5 games while others were playing 2 games. Give some advantage to the top teams. But, that format was ridiculous.