Game 3—Savannah State Tigers

Dr Z

Tigers / Zips  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

zipsoutsider, please note that I said that the penalties made the difference between the two teams in both year's games "EVEN GREATER". I think you got that, but apparently UA1987 did not.

You think the penalties made a difference on the first Pitt scoring drive?

How about the last drive where we had two personal fouls and a pass interference, when they added their game-sealing TD?

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. The personal fouls I give you, the pass interference probably was the best option, though.

Why not Chapman at WR?? If he is such a good athlete, we certainly need help there.

I wondered that same thing - the guy's obviously a talented athlete and the Zips have had success in the past converting QB's to wide receivers - D'Orazio was a QB and was unarguably our best WR the past couple of years. If Woodson or Pohl establishes themselves I'd think they'd at least have to think about it to get Chapman on the field.

• Like 1

I wondered that same thing - the guy's obviously a talented athlete and the Zips have had success in the past converting QB's to wide receivers - D'Orazio was a QB and was unarguably our best WR the past couple of years. If Woodson or Pohl establishes themselves I'd think they'd at least have to think about it to get Chapman on the field.

If he is our second best QB ( with Pohl hurt) we cannot afford for him to be injured at WR.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to Blue & Gold, Hilltopper, zipsoutsider, MDZip, Glib Shanley, skip-zip, Jrship35, SeeTeeZip, lance99 who correctly voted that Thomas Woodson would have the most completions Saturday.

a-zip was the only one to correctly predict the offense would account for six or more touchdowns. The offense was more productive than the the majority of Zips fans thought possible.

After the Zips defense shut down the Tigers, and the offense exploded for seven touchdowns, can Zip fans express some pride and optimism this week?

Other quick thoughts:

• The Tigers made an effort all game long to get the ball out of the QB's hand quickly to avoid the pressure. I think this accounted for many of their mishandled snaps.

• I like a lot of what I saw from the receivers yesterday. If someone can get the ball consistantly to Jerome Lane, he will be an offensive weapon that will only help balance our offense which has been arguably one dimensional at times early on.

• I read (and hear) a lot of Zip fans remarking how this offense was built for a single player. I don't really buy it. How is it that another player is executing that system more efficiently in every aspect? When new offenses are installed, there is a trial and error period, I'm guessing a lot of positive plays are moved to the front of the call sheet, and some getting moved down. I'm hoping the offense gets more efficient each week. Getting the proper personnel as many snaps as possible will help the execution too.

• Newman Williams did a lot of positive things yesterday.

• I hope Coe is back next week. He does a lot to cause chaos along the line even when he is not "in" on the play.

After coach Bowden's comments about Newman Williams in his press conference. I had to look when I noticed him standing out. Hopefully he is back in this week. I'll be watching to see if he continues what he started in the Tigers game. I also enjoyed coach Bowden's explanation of the difference between the NFL and college injury list. I'll have to stand next to Newman to see who has his height correct, coach, or gozips dot com?

PS What an interesting thread to go back and read.

tigers_September%2019,%202015_01.jpg