Game 6—Eastern Michigan Eagles

lance99

Eastern Michigan:

Now we already know that they are bad. There is no reason why to discuss that fact. However, they played LSU tough and they did win their their first FBS road game this century, even if it was against Wyoming.

Eastern, at least for this year, is not to be overlooked and this may be the game that breaks the season.

Will the Zips show up and dominate? Or will they Phone it in?

I agreed with the pass-first plan vs. OU, we weren't going to pound the ball running against them as GT seemed to think. Hopefully we can run-first against EMU and get some big pass plays going again. I trust that Terry's team will be ready to play and hungry for another W after the disappointing loss.

Comparing to their game stats vs Ball State (stats from EMU football site)

1. Ball State seemed to control the ball on the ground (85 offensive plays to 61) and total yardage (472 to 319)

2. 61% running plays for Ball State and 278 yds. on the ground........ EMU run defense seems weak

3. First downs were BSU 26 and EMU 12

4. Passing was about even in yardage with BSU (24-33-0) and EMU (19-39-2)

5. EMU is 15-17 in the red zone (88%) with 13 of those scores being TD's (76%) - season stat

I'm not positive, but I would rate our defense as much better than BSU's (correct my opinion if needed) so:

If we ESTABLISH THE RUNNING GAME and STOP THE DUMB A$% PENALTIES, I think we should have a good day .... Open for constructive criticism ;)

• Like 1

Go Zips dot com gives information on the game. Click to find out who the Zips top receiver is.

I would have not guessed this at the beginning of the season.

ESPN3 will televise the game with Michael Reghi and Josh Cribbs calling the action.

I might actually watch with the volume on for a tad to hear Josh.

Fact of the day, every FBS Zips game has been under the point total this year. Money.gif

Over sixty percent of the early money has been placed on EMU pushing the line down to near seven.

I'm stunned that anyone thinks we're the 10th best team in the MAC.

Why shouldn't we be? We lost last year to the #11 team on this list in Can't state. We also got beat by ball state and got throttled by buffalo. Who on here can say that we are better than Toledo, bgsu, Ohio, NIU, western or central? Either that or the drano aisle is simply larger than the kool aid aisle in Massachusetts.

Come On, Zip Grad. I am usually always the one asking for caution in elevating the Zips too much.

But, whipping a top Sun Belt team and losing by 2 against a good OU team shouldn't prompt someone to bury us down near the cellar of the conference.

I'll agree with you that there is maybe 5-6 MAC teams that might be better than us. But right now, that's as far as I would go, and that's really giving the benefit of the doubt to a couple of other teams that are questionable.

Weekly press conference for those interested in the game.

Paraphrasing coach:

• The national championship will be played with two teams that play power I football.

• Our offense is to score one more point than the other team while we figure out who we are offensively. Until then, play good D, and don't turn the ball over.

Come On, Zip Grad. I am usually always the one asking for caution in elevating the Zips too much.

But, whipping a top Sun Belt team and losing by 2 against a good OU team shouldn't prompt someone to bury us down near the cellar of the conference.

I'll agree with you that there is maybe 5-6 MAC teams that might be better than us. But right now, that's as far as I would go, and that's really giving the benefit of the doubt to a couple of other teams that are questionable.

Louisiana got whipped again last week. They may not be what everyone thought they were.

What a watershed game for Zips fans. The 2015 Kool-Aid Drano Bowl™!!

It either has to be a Zippermaker, or a Boilerzipper: A shot glass full of Drano dumped in a mug of Kool-Aid. :cheers:

Who would've thought an EMU-UA game could be so pivotal? But it really is huge, especially for the Zips.

I see the line is down to 7.5.