2016 recruiting

I tried to find the right thread to post this in...

when Alex Mapp tweeted that he was coming to Akron, it got posted under 2015 recruiting....

top drawer soccer has an article in the last week about akron's acquisition...has some info that I did not know. I hope this young man can keep improving at Akron.

Alex Mapp, Defender, Internationals SC
Class: 2016
Commitment: Akron

Since joining the Internationals Development Academy side as a sophomore, Alex Mapp has noticed the improvement in his game. The focus and emphasis on technical work and possession will help him fit into his college home, after committing to join Akron in 2016.

Aside from the style fit, Mapp’s father is an alumnus of the Akron men’s soccer program, making it a very familiar environment to the defender.

the rest of the article below....I forgot to click to open the rest of the article

“I decided to commit to Akron because on my visit the coaches and team made me feel as if I were at home,” he told TopDrawerSoccer. “When I saw everything first hand on my visit, I instantly fell in love and knew it was a program I wanted to be a part of.”

Mapp is also a local to the program, as he lives 20 minutes away from home, so his friends and family can come see his games when he heads off to college. He said it was his dream to one day to be a Zip, but the team still impressed him to no end.

“As far as Akron’s program goes, they have a winning tradition, unreal facilities, one of the best attendances in the country, and they're producing professionals on and off the field every year,” Mapp said. “And that is something the coaches always hit on. They say to be a championship team, your team must be filled with individual champions. They expect the best out of their players everyday and in my opinion that’s why they have been so successful in years past.”

As for the school itself, Mapp’s planning on studying business, and the academic support Akron provides for its athletes was a huge plus.

“It’s a great campus as they have done a ton of renovations over the recent years and are really making everything the best of the best,” he said. “Also, the soccer team gets a ton of support from the student body for their home matches and everything else throughout the season, so I really like that.”

Mapp is Akron’s fourth commitment for 2016.

Good High School Soccer all day long Saturday as District Finals are played.

Of particular interest is matchup of Revere vs. CVCA at Nordonia High School @ 16:30.

http://brackets.myohsaa.org/bracket.aspx?t=6226&ts=14249¬=11

Several future collegiate players will be on display, a few on each side.

I have had my eye on Daniel Branch (F Revere) for some time now. http://revereathletics.org/boys_soccer

I suspect someone on Embick's staff has done the same.

• 1 month later...

Chris Brennan of Copley is still not showing as committed to Bowling Green, according to TDS.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer/college-soccer-details/men/bowling-green/clgid-439/tab-commitments#tabs

It is dependent on the player or (sometimes but rarely) the school to notify that site (i.e., no one at TDS goes out of their way to discover recruiting info). That's why many schools have no recruits listed until after the signing date. Does BGSU show any 2016 recruits?

I like that last name....Reggie Laryea

http://www.academysoccer.ca/?link=player&Ppick=04104&Tpick=00861

this page says that he is a defender

Yes. http://gozips.com/sports/msoc/2015-16/bios/laryea_richie_ez1z

...has a younger brother, Reginald...

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2015/AcloserlookatCanadasU20callups.aspx

...The following are the list of players selected

GK- Christian Kaiswatum | CAN / FC Edmonton Reserves

GK- Marvis Kreitling | GER / TSG Sprockhovel

GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

CB- Quinn Bredin | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

CB- Reginald Laryea | CAN / Sigma FC ...

Looks like he plays holding MF for Sigma...

Sigma FC holding midfielder Reggie Laryea attending his second youth national team camp this week with #canM20

I've seen Reggie listed as CB and holding MF. I'm sure Jared and Leo will use his talents where needed and best fit for the Zips. Wouldn't be the first time a player plays in a different spot in our formation.

Edited by Zip_ME87

• 2 weeks later...

Emmanuel Sabbi called into USMNT U20 Camp.

FORWARDS: Coy Craft (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas), Jeremy Ebobisse (Duke; Bethesda, MD), Sebastian Elney (Maryland; West Chester, PA), Juan Flores (Houston Dynamo; Houston, Texas), Victor Mansaray (Seattle Sounders; Des Moines, WA), Josh Perez (AFC Fiorentina; La Habra, Calif.), Emmanuel Sabbi (Chicago Magic; Libertyville, Ill.), Abu Winter (Philadelphia Union; Newtown Square, PA), Isaiah Young (PDA; Berlin, NJ)

• Like 1

Per Travis Clark a few minutes ago on twitter...

Travis Clark @travismclark 6m6 minutes ago

Some more @ZipsMSoc commitments for 2016: @SoundersAcademy GK Tor Saunders, Australian GK Jeremy Pollard (Manly United)

EDIT:

Tor Saunders @SaundersTor

CTAqKUtUAAAmyRD.jpg
8:14 PM - 4 Nov 2015
Edited by Zip_ME87

The University of Akron...

He'll get it once he's joined us. I had a private message conversation on twitter with Richie Layrea yesterday which reminded me just how proud our players are to be Zips.

• Like 2

USA Under-20 national team starts 2016 with two 3-0 friendly victories in Miami

US U-20s 3, Weston Select 0

Goals: 10’ Emmanuel Sabbi; 40’ Eryk Williamson (Danilo Acosta); 54’ Eryk Williamson

USA U-20 Lineup (4-3-3): Jonathan Klinsmann (Mason Stajduhar, 45) — Malcolm Jones, Miles Robinson, Tommy Redding (Hugo Arellano, 57), Diego Silva — Eryk Williamson (Juan Flores, 61), Danilo Acosta, Jackson Yueill (Martin Salas, 56) — Emmanuel Sabbi-CAPT (Jeremy Ebobisse, 71), Josh Perez (Abu Winter, 45), Victor Mansaray (Evan Waldrep, 83)

When top drawer soccer showed the IMG top 150 rankings on September 29th, Emmanuel Sabbi was #21 and Nicholas Hinds was #19.

Really looking forward to 2016 zips soccer. This is shaping up to be Coach Embick's best recruiting class. I know that Wistrcil received a lot of grief during his tenure but his hire of Jared Embick and the 3 year extension...have to be tremendous highlights for Wistrcil's tenure.

• Like 2

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/ranking-the-top-10-boys-recruiting-classes_aid38669

sorry for so many posts tonight...slowly finding out more about the 2 newest recruits. Nicholas Hinds had originally committed to North Carolina. He was a huge part of the reason why North Carolina was #1 in the article below. With Nicholas Hinds switching from UNC To Akron, Akron would certainly move up from #3 in the rankings