Zips @ NIU — Feb 13 at 4:30 pm

Dr Z

Zips vs Huskies  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 minutes ago, GJGood said:

I know the NCAA is what we all want but lets take it one step at a time. Winning the MAC regular season title guarantees us of at least an NIT berth. That is a lot better than the CBI,  CiT, or sitting at home. Those options will be where we will find most of our MAC brethren in the postseason.

Nothing is guaranteed, but it would take an incredible collapse for the Zips to not win the regular season title. They have a full 2 game lead with 6 games left and perhaps the easiest remaining schedule in the MAC. Of those 6, 4 are at home where they have yet to lose this season. 3 of them are against perhaps the 2 worst teams in the entire MAC in MIA and BG, Another 2 are against Ken+ who the injury bug has gotten the best of and have lost 4 out of their last 5. Even if the Zips were to lose 2-3 games, have any of those 7-5 MAC teams shown the ability to win 6 straight to steal the regular season title?

The Zips currently sit #2 in 3PM per game and 14th in 3P%. That being said anything short of a NCAA tournament berth would have to feel like a disappointment because you would hate to see all that shooting go to waste. I don't think they are guaranteed to win the berth as MAC teams have shown the ability to beat them this season, but I'm confident they will be in a position to finish no worse than the NIT.

• Like 2