Game 2—@Wisconsin Badgers

wadszip

This one will be closer that a lot of people think. Bowden would be well advised to be amiable with the officials from pregame on and plant the seed to 'keep it fair' 'watch their holding' etc...every time he gets near one of them (channel Hank Stram). Too much of a conflict having Big Ten officials handling the calls for a MAC team at these big money Big Ten venues. Wisconsin 2003 and Michigan 2013 were ours, but were stolen away with bad calls.     

Edited by UA1987
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Do you expect this LV guy to understand that these "Big 10 Bottom Feeders", as he calls them, would have to play ROAD GAMES if they competed in the MAC?

This article makes the MAC home field advantage sound pretty fearsome:

The MAC as a conference averages 15,333 fans between 13 schools using aggregate attendance, which makes it the worst conference in all of FBS football. 

Heck, Wisconsin has a bigger student section that that.  

In any case, Sagarin usually pegs home field as worth three points.  You can check my math, but I think that means that the average winning margin for the Big Ten would only be 15.5 points instead of 18.5.

Edited by Los Venerables

2 hours ago, UA1987 said:

This one will be closer that a lot of people think. Bowden would be well advised to be amiable with the officials from pregame on and plant the seed to 'keep it fair' 'watch their holding' etc...every time he gets near one of them (channel Hank Stram). Too much of a conflict having Big Ten officials handling the calls for a MAC team at these big money Big Ten venues. Wisconsin 2003 and Michigan 2013 were ours, but were stolen away with bad calls.     

Final score of that 2003 game was 48-31. That wasn't the refs fault. Good to see you have the "blame the refs" card ready go though.

The way some of these Zips fans are describing the team, I just hope the poor Badgers still have a team to field going forward. 

Edited by Bucky

Bookmaker roundtable: College football line moves, sharp bets

3. Which game(s) have had the biggest wiseguy action?

Simbal: Kansas and Akron.

Andrews: Illinois has had the most wiseguy action.

Bogdanovich: A lot of wiseguy plays so far on Western Kentucky against Alabama. Fifty-two percent of the total dollars bet on that game are on Alabama, which to us is a sharp play on Western Kentucky. Some more games that are leaning sharp: Ball State vs. Indiana, as 91 percent of the total dollars are on Ball State. There's been a big move on Akron as well, with 91 percent of the total dollars wagered on that game are on the Zips against Wisconsin.

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

Final score of that 2003 game was 48-31. That wasn't the refs fault. Good to see you have the "blame the refs" card ready go though.

The way some of these Zips fans are describing the team, I just hope the poor Badgers still have a team to field going forward. 

We scored and it should have been 38 to 34 with 4:00 to go and your 99 yard TD after the bullshit call would never have happened. Be an adult and own up to it. Your Big Ten officials won that game that day not Wisconsin. Your probably weren't even born then so what am I talking to you for ya sausage stuffer.     

48 minutes ago, UA1987 said:

We scored and it should have been 38 to 34 with 4:00 to go and your 99 yard TD after the bullshit call would never have happened. Be an adult and own up to it. Your Big Ten officials won that game that day not Wisconsin. Your probably weren't even born then so what am I talking to you for ya sausage stuffer.     

LOL, I know you probably won't believe me, but my season tickets used to be in section Q, 20th row, looking straight down the North goal line.  I was at that game.  Hendry wasn't close to breaking the plane.  You should have kicked the FG.  You had all the momentum and wasted it on a dumb 4th down play.  And it was closer to 7 minutes left.

18 minutes ago, Los Venerables said:

LOL, I know you probably won't believe me, but my season tickets used to be in section Q, 20th row, looking straight down the North goal line.  I was at that game.  Hendry wasn't close to breaking the plane.  You should have kicked the FG.  You had all the momentum and wasted it on a dumb 4th down play.  And it was closer to 7 minutes left.

Do you work at a call center? 4 minutes and 30 seconds. I suppose next you are going to try and sell some bogus insurance or some junk.        

Edited by UA1987

14 minutes ago, Los Venerables said:

Yes, we have operators standing by to answer all your stupid football questions.

Awfully close game back then wouldn't you say? We are much better now. Time for a little payola to the refs badger fans?    

Edited by UA1987

2 hours ago, Los Venerables said:

This says 6 minutes.  This says Evans scored with 6:36 left (this was the next play following the failed 4th down try).  The GoZips website says the same. 

What is your source for 4:30?  I'm all ears.

Yes, I believe you are all ears. Here he comes baby.... ready to run your ass over.              

Hendry.png

Edited by UA1987

7 minutes ago, roopride said:

You continue to confirm you never get reliable answers from a call center. Low skill,  trained to regeritate info from the hand book. Usually over and over.

We're sorry that you are unhappy with your recent experience with Los Venerables.  Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to provide excellent service to all our valued customers.  In order to serve you better going forward we periodically like to collect customer feedback, please fill out the following brief survey:

Do you follow the Zips because:

a. You attended school there before dropping out and working at a gas station

b. You grew up in the Akron area and hate your parents for moving there, but have no better options

c. You enjoy watching your team being punished at the hands of real football teams