Game 1—@Penn State Nittany Lions

zipsoutsider

2017: MAC Quarterback Rankings

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/06/preview-2017-mac-quarterback-ranking-situations

12. Kent State

Will Nick Holley play quarterback or wide receiver? Junior George Bollas is a 6-3 veteran backup who struggled in his eight games of work last year, and RB Myles Washington might end up taking over the spot to bring more athleticism to the position.

And the starter will be … George Bollas, Jr.

11. Buffalo

The mobile, 6-7 Tyree Jackson is an interesting quarterback with the upside to do a little of everything for a UB attack that needs playmakers. The 6-5 Drew Anderson saw a little time as the main backup. Both Bulls QBs have huge arms.

And the starter will be … Tyree Jackson, Soph.

10. Ball State

Riley Neal knows how to handle the up-tempo offense, and while he’s accurate, he has to push the ball more down the field. Jack Milas is a solid veteran who could take over without a problem if needed.

And the starter will be … Riley Neal, Jr.

9. Akron

Thomas Woodson had some good moments throwing for close to 2,100 yards with 18 scores and six picks, but he missed several games hurt. Backup Tra’Von Chapman is moving to receiver, opening the door for a battle for the No. 2 gig.

And the starter will be … Thomas Woodson, Sr.

8. Bowling Green

It was a rough transition from the passing game juggernaut of 2015, but James Morgan got his feet wet in his first year, throwing for almost 2,100 yards and 16 scores. The three top backup options are all freshmen.

And the starter will be … James Morgan, Soph.

7. Eastern Michigan

Brogan Roback led the way to EMU’s breakthrough season throwing for close to 2,700 yards and 18 scores. Senior Todd Porter is a decent veteran who saw action in five games last year, throwing for 1,064 yards and seven scores.

And the starter will be … Brogan Roback, Sr.

6. Central Michigan

Gone is Cooper Rush, who didn’t quite come up with the big season expected, but was still a longtime starter who put up big numbers. In comes for Michigan super-recruit Shane Morris, who’s looking to play in his final year. Tommy Lazzaro is a JUCO transfer looking for the starting gig.

And the starter will be … Shane Morris, Sr.

5. Ohio

The Bobcat passing game has to be better. Quinton Maxwell is a 6-3, 223-pound talent with a world of upside to grow further into the job after rotating with Greg Windham. Windham is gone, and now Nathan Rourke comes in from the JUCO ranks to push for time.

And the starter will be … Quinton Maxwell, Soph.

4. Northern Illinois

A disaster over the last few years thanks to a slew of injuries, now there’s hope for a turnaround if Ryan Graham can stay in one piece after getting knocked out with a leg injury. Daniel Santacaterina has seen time over the last few years, and Marcus Childers is a good-looking redshirt freshman who can run.

And the starter will be … Ryan Graham, Jr.

3. Western Michigan

How do you replace a smart, veteran leader like Zach Terrell, who threw for 3,533 yards and 33 touchdowns and just four interceptions? Tom Flacco – Joe Flacco’s brother – is set to step in after getting a little bit of time here and there over the last few season. He’ll add some mobility to the position, while Jon Wassink has all the tools to potentially be the main man.

And the starter will be … Tom Flacco, Jr.

2. Miami University

Gus Ragland turned into one of the MAC’s top superstars over the second half of last season, and now he comes into the season as one of the bright, shining hopes for the resurgence of the RedHawk program. Billy Bahl did an okay job over the first part of the year, but he didn’t lead the way to wins.

And the starter will be … Gus Ragland, Jr.

1. Toledo

Logan Woodside is coming off a massive season, hitting 69% of his passes for 4,129 yards and 45 scores. Expect more of the same, while 6-5, 232-pound Michael Julian only threw five passes last season. He’s a senior – Toledo needs to develop a few young options.

3 minutes ago, Buckzip said:

Lol. You are killing me. You are calling out an Akron guy about his university. I ask what's yours and you post a non working link. Thanks for playing. 

First off I wasn't talking to you as I didn't quote you 

Second I was referencing him defending mediocrity while the nation i basically laughing at us 

3rd Mind ya business 

3 minutes ago, dre22era said:

First off I wasn't talking to you as I didn't quote you 

Second I was referencing him defending mediocrity while the nation i basically laughing at us 

3rd Mind ya business 

You may not want to post on a public forum if you feel others should mind their business. Carry on. 

I hope all the goo goblers ( you know who you are) now realize how bad Bowdens recruiting has been and how terrible of game day coaches these guys are. This is a joke.  3 years ago this was a 7-3 game. Now we look like a D3 team playing the patriots. 

Edited by Zipgrad01

2 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

I hope all the goo gooblers ( you know who you are) now realize how bad Bowdens recruiting has been and how terrible of game day coaches these guys are. This is a joke.  3 years ago this was a 7-3 game. Now we look like a D3 team playing the patriots. 

Exactly 
Its beyond frustrating to watch and support consistent mediocrity.   

3 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

I hope all the goo gooblers ( you know who you are) now realize how bad Bowdens recruiting has been and how terrible of game day coaches these guys are. This is a joke.  3 years ago this was a 7-3 game. Now we look like a D3 team playing the patriots. 

Don't worry, they are in the recruiting thread getting excited about our current verbals. We need to do an over/under on how many are actually on the team next September. 

• Like 2

Aside from all the bullshit in this thread, I noticed Amato started off the game the first few drives with a 4-2-5 look with Hauser and Gilbert at LB and Brown, Dailey, Featherstone, Davis, and Guiser as the DBs. Is it putting your best 11 on the field? Probably, but I can't imagine its a very smart strategy going against the best RB in the country coupled with a very good running QB.