WMU will host MAC

current top 16 RPI shown below...

top 4 are ACC teams

6,9 and 11 are ACC teams

WMU is 7...

Akron is 10...

Akron needs to go one game at a time..    with the ultimate goal of beating WMU on their own field in the conference title game.

4 straight wins........and Akron has possibility of top 8 seed and 2 home NCAA games...

akron really needs Notre Dame and virginia both to lose early in the ACC tourney

Ben is back healthy...Sam is back healthy...Joao and Strachan continue to get better and better....

This team has come a long way from the UVU and Denver trip.

RankSCHOOLWLDRPISOSOSS

1North Carolina1421.675039

2Wake Forest1511.6577503

3Duke1232.653424

4Louisville1123.6379138

5Indiana1303.6331622

6Clemson1140.6289613

7Western Michigan1421.62862440

8Michigan State1122.62632315

9Notre Dame952.621011

10Akron1231.61412619

11Virginia1033.6114145

12New Hampshire1113.60465630

13FIU1103.60349042

14Maryland1033.59813110

15Stanford1221.59689728

16Butler1041.59611156

• Like 1

So with no lights on WMU's field and with Daylight Savings this weekend, when do we expect games to be played next Friday?  Maybe 11 and 1:30?  Do you think we would play in the first or second game?  They need to leave enough time in case one or both games go to OT/PK's.  Just trying to plan some "work" meetings so I can watch it at the office.  I am hoping WMU will announce specifics on Sunday.

2 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

So with no lights on WMU's field and with Daylight Savings this weekend, when do we expect games to be played next Friday?  Maybe 11 and 1:30?  Do you think we would play in the first or second game?  They need to leave enough time in case one or both games go to OT/PK's.  Just trying to plan some "work" meetings so I can watch it at the office.  I am hoping WMU will announce specifics on Sunday.

Couldn't say for sure, but that's a good guess/reasoning as to start times, given the return to standard time, unless the MAC makes WMU bring in light trucks or move to an alternate field that has lights such as Kalamazoo College. As far as 1st or 2nd game, usually 2v3 is the first game and 1v4 is the 2nd, but that's when the 2nd game is scheduled in "prime time"...a time which allows folks to  attend after work.

Edited by Zip_ME87

2 hours ago, AyYo said:

My question is...If WMU loses their last coference game and Akron wins, giving them the same record, are we Regular season co-champs and get to claim a conference championship?

I wouldn't think so. They beat us head-to-head giving them the tie breaker. If the shoe were on the other foot, I wouldn't want to be co-champs. We'd have earned the MACC outright as they did.

I don't see them beating us twice in one season though. They can have the regular season. The MAC Tournament and NCAAT seeding are much more important. We are hot at the right time of the year.

• Like 2

http://wmubroncos.com/news/2017/11/2/mens-soccer-broncos-finish-regular-season-hosting-bowling-green.aspx

Western Michigan earned the No. 1 seed in the upcoming conference tournament which will be held at the WMU Soccer Complex. The semifinals of the tournament will take place on Friday, Nov. 10 beginning at 11 a.m. and the championship game will be on Sunday, Nov. 12 at 1:00 p.m.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 4:17 PM, Zip_ME87 said:

#2 Akron will play #3 SIUE on Friday, Nov 10th. #4 is TBD.

I made a mistake calling this one. This is undecided at this time. 

WVU defeated SIUE 2-1; so, MAC standings are:

WMU: 4-0, 12 points

Akron: 4-1, 12 points

SIUE: 2-3, 6 points

WVU: 1-2-2, 5 points

BGSU: 1-2-1, 4 points

NIU: 0-4-1, 1 point

WMUvBGSU postponed as mentioned above.

If BGSU defeats WMU, BGSU will have 7 points & be the 3 seed with SIUE as the 4 seed

If BGSU ties WMU, BGSU will have 5 points, SIUE will be 3 seed & tiebreaking procedures will apply for 4 seed WVU or BGSU (didn't look them up)

If WMU defeats BGSU, BGSU will have 4 points and be eliminated from MAC Tourney; SIUE 3 seed, WVU 4 seed

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bigzipguy said:

go look at the BG website with the soccer link. Terrifying picture of a lighting strike in Kalamazoo!!!

Flora looks a lot different than when I was there earlier this season. They must have completely redone the landscaping. That storm really darkened the place at 1 pm, too.