Ohio Predictions and In-game thread

RowdyZip

Biggest game of the year, hands down. And if we win, next week is the biggest game of the season (depending on what other teams in the east do). For now, I see us coming out ready for this game, teams this talented tend to step up when absolutely necessary. Zips win their third in a row after a unexpected shootoutZips 41Ohio 31Oh...and what's everyone doin for the game since we have the honor of once again playin on ESPNU. I believe that since i saw a previous advertisement on here, that I'll go down to the Barley house to watch it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will have trouble running the ball. Kennedy always wants to go outside, and there's no way he's going to turn the corner against OU's D on a wet field.To win:1.) We need to be motivated. We have a tendency to come out flat to begin games and that will hurt at OU.2.) Luke needs to toss for 300+. Screw the weather, we need to throw the ball to have success. Jabari could be huge in this game. I expect double coverage on Harvey.3.) Need to keep trowing balls to Poindexter and Kaz. 4.) We need to rediscover our run defense. I think we will struggle here, because OU runs inside the tackles so well and we typically place our undersized LB's on the line. If Fleming doesn't use 4 beefy guys on the line, OU should move the ball against us pretty easily. Our LB's speed will be negated tonight. Can Fleming adjust after 10 weeks?5.) Stec needs to have a good game. The ball will be slippery. He needs to field punts cleanly and get the ball off quickly. 6.) 9+ penalties will doom us. We need to play good, fundamental football.7.) Inside the 5 yard line, give it to Kennedy. And if that doesn't work, give it to him again.If we play like we have all season...I see us losing 17-11. If someone duct tapes Crouch to his hotel room floor prior to kickoff:duct-tape-man.jpg..I see us winning 20-17.

some how our special teams have not cost us a game yet. I sure as hell hope this isn't the game where that happens. I'm going out on a limb. Akron 37 Ohio 19. Ohio expects us to play as bad as we have most of the season, but some how some way, the Zips come out firing on all cylnders and Tim Crouch misses the bus to Athens.

so what's going on?
If you have broadband, you can listen on www.1350radiofreeohio.com.Zips started into the wind from their own 5 and made it as far as about the OU 45 before going backwards on a 9-yard loss to the Akron 46. From there, Getsy got flushed out of the pocket and threw an INT. Ohio started on their 35 or so but just went 3 and out. Akron starts their second drive on their own 34. 7:02 to go in the 1st quarter, no score.