Kudos on the T-Shirts

sgm405

I love the idea (great run of beer commercials) but ... the Zippers were based on a product by the B.F. Goodrich Company, not Goodyear.
yeah... two thing i noticed... the first is on the frobnt where is has EST. '05. I lied last years EST. 2005 way better and what's with the word University being cut at the end of a line and split in two?! some details are being overlooked UAM! i do like the gold color though. I think of it this way, every school we play with the color blue has blue shirts so why not exploit the fact that we wear gold! at least it sets us apart.Kudos on getting the name on video games. I heard about this happening back in June when a former worker and friend of mine was at a college sports convention representing UA. They were putting in student section names and he approached and made sure AK-ROWDIES would be in there. He didn't even know it was in the game until i read it hear and told him. He was pretty excited although he hopes they didn't screw anything up with it. Can anyone give some more info on what it says and how it looks in the game?!

I love the idea (great run of beer commercials) but ... the Zippers were based on a product by the B.F. Goodrich Company, not Goodyear.
yeah... two thing i noticed... the first is on the frobnt where is has EST. '05. I lied last years EST. 2005 way better and what's with the word University being cut at the end of a line and split in two?! some details are being overlooked UAM! i do like the gold color though. I think of it this way, every school we play with the color blue has blue shirts so why not exploit the fact that we wear gold! at least it sets us apart.Kudos on getting the name on video games. I heard about this happening back in June when a former worker and friend of mine was at a college sports convention representing UA. They were putting in student section names and he approached and made sure AK-ROWDIES would be in there. He didn't even know it was in the game until i read it hear and told him. He was pretty excited although he hopes they didn't screw anything up with it. Can anyone give some more info on what it says and how it looks in the game?!
It just basically lists "Student Section: AK-Rowdies"...and with the game's chant creator you can easily make some of the chants we do...pretty cool stuff

AK-Zips Help me with this one - Could our athletics department get sued by Bud Light for using their campaign without permission?  Or could Coors Light come after us for using a competitors campaign when they are the athletics sponsor?
you just assume as a lawyer i would know?! I deal with real estate not trademark and copyrights. i have no idea. i don't think anyone could be sued though. the only thing they should sue for is an embarrasment to their slogan.. haha :rofl:

AK-Zips Help me with this one - Could our athletics department get sued by Bud Light for using their campaign without permission?  Or could Coors Light come after us for using a competitors campaign when they are the athletics sponsor?
you just assume as a lawyer i would know?! I deal with real estate not trademark and copyrights. i have no idea. i don't think anyone could be sued though. the only thing they should sue for is an embarrasment to their slogan.. haha :rofl:
Well, I figured with your intense law background, although in the real estate sector, you might have had some insight. I am going to have to call on Marcia Clark to give me the low down dirty shame.I was just curious on your thoughts. I work for a local Cleveland Brewery Great Lakes which is going to be home to the new brew 'The Cleveland Steamer', but anyways, when I saw that I was shocked and miffed by the lack of 'genius' being shown by the athletic department to sign off on that crap, because that's all it is is crap on a stick, well, shirt.

We could claim it is a parody, which is protected under the first ammendment should they decide to sue.  They won't sue, though, because whenever someone reads the back of the shirt the first thing they think of is Bud Lite which is free advertising for them.
Correct free advertising for Bud Light, but the athletics sponsor is Coors so couldn't Coors sue for breach of contract?

We could claim it is a parody, which is protected under the first ammendment should they decide to sue.  They won't sue, though, because whenever someone reads the back of the shirt the first thing they think of is Bud Lite which is free advertising for them.
Correct free advertising for Bud Light, but the athletics sponsor is Coors so couldn't Coors sue for breach of contract!
you are an idiot.. ha :nutkick:

Correct free advertising for Bud Light, but the athletics sponsor is Coors so couldn't Coors sue for breach of contract!
oh yeah! Bite it you tea-bagger! :wave:

oh yeah! Bite it you tea-bagger! :wave:
well those are the types of comments we do not need on this board. they only work 60% of the time... everytime! :laugh_up:

No. It is a paraody and we are not marketing it for profit. I think we are safe on this one.Oh, and we DID get it right! ;)

No. It is a paraody and we are not marketing it for profit. I think we are safe on this one.Oh, and we DID get it right! ;)
Interesting! You show a link that shows that BF Goodrich, NOT Goodyear which is on the back of the shirt, was the designer of the overshoe. So you DIDN'T get it right! And AK-Zips, I agree with Zip N' Dots on this one. You sound kind of flaming, I am sure you would enjoy giving a good tea-bag ever now and then

I was just curious on your thoughts.  I work for a local Cleveland Brewery Great Lakes which is going to be home to the new brew 'The Cleveland Steamer',
As a homebrewer and potty humor aficionado, I gotta hand it to you. That's great! :lol:
ok this is way off topic now but are you guy who has a new brew for each football season?

Interesting! You show a link that shows that BF Goodrich, NOT Goodyear which is on the back of the shirt, was the designer of the overshoe. So you DIDN'T get it right! And AK-Zips, I agree with Zip N' Dots on this one. You sound kind of flaming, I am sure you would enjoy giving a good tea-bag ever now and then
Our research indicates that it is BF Goodrich and not Goodyear. If anyone can PROVE otherwise, we would be happy to revise it. :wave:

Our research indicates that it is BF Goodrich and not Goodyear. If anyone can PROVE otherwise, we would be happy to revise it. :wave:
it is definitely BF Goodrich!