EMU Live Internet Audio

UAZipster0305

It was not the best game of the year for the Zips but it will be a W and that is the most important thing. Way to go Zips!!!
This is the kind of game I fear in the Bracketbuster against Austin Peay. It's home, the Zips should crush them, but overconfidence can find a nasty way of spoiling things (painful example: 2006 Zips Football season).I'm not trying to be pessimistic...I believe the Zips will win, but KD needs to drive home the message to not become complacent. Do NOT take any team for granted!And, as always, :screwks:

Hey, even Dan Hipsher's crappy teams won some MAC games. They even beat K.e.n.t. on occasion. So every MAC game is technically dangerous. Especially when we're on the road.That said, we're 16-4 for a reason. We're a pretty good basketball team and us fans expect the team to beat the lower-echelon MAC schools, be it on the road or at home.Switching gears on a semi-related note:KD said on the post game tonight "If you think we should beat Austin Peay handily, you're an elitist." I thought that was a pretty harsh thing to say about any Zips fan...and I'm not one that thinks that game will be a cake walk by any stretch. I would say if you think we'll beat Austin Peay pretty handily, you're either:a.) Not very hip to Austin Peay's basketball program (and tell me anyone in Akron who is...even KD says he doesn't know much about them)b.) Your simply pretty euphoric over our 16-4 startc.) You know we typically play extremely well at homed.) All of the above"Elitist?" An Akron basketball fan? Come on. Let the Zips fans have some fun and have some expectations for the first time in two decades.

I just got back from the game. I'm hoping you could all hear us on the radio. I think our volume turned up their student section, all 8 of them. Anyhoo, I'm done taking signs to away games. I think the entire state of Michigan teaches Sign Breaking 101. Our first Z-Fense was made out of the foam-board and was broken by a Central Michigan fan. So we got this great idea to make the new one out of wood. Seemed like a great idea until EMU's mascot got ahold it. So now that's missing a corner. I feel like one of the three little pigs. The next Z-Fense will be made out of bricks. Look out! By the way, props to the EMU fan who came up with the "Juliet" chant in response to our "Romeo" chant. Clever... :rolleyes: In all honesty though, the fans they had were pretty good. I had a good time.

In all honesty though, the fans they had were pretty good. I had a good time.
Yep. all 17 of the other fans at the game (i think 14 of them were in the student band). Bleacher Bum met his green-haired counterpart. Wish I had my camera, cuz I'd post a pic. Met ced's oldest brother, cool guy despite having attended EMU. Fans were nice, started to get mean at the end when we ran back out to a 15+ point lead. Tuba player started chanting "Go K.E.N.T. State" while we were walking out. Random thoughts thread is over, I'm off to recover my voice before Saturday. GO ZIPS!!!