Central Michigan In-Game Discussion

FearTheRoo

1) That was ugly. Let's hope the guys were looking ahead to Toledo, cuz if we play like that, we lose by 25.2) Stupid city of Akron, I thought maybe you gave a darn after showing 5,000 on saturday. Apparently without free tickets, seeing an 18-4 team is not worth gate price.3) On second thought, after that product tonight, I'm kinda glad it wasnt full. Maybe they were just trying to make it exciting?4) J Wood is a beast. He comes more alive with every game. Makes me wonder why we were throwing up all those 3s when CMU had absolutely no answer for Wood or Rome.5) To win saturday we need: same overpowering inside presence from Rome/Wood/Quade and some outside shots to fall to take some pressure of the big fellas. FREE THROWS FREE THROWS FREE THROWS!! Let's not make this the first BIG game of the year we lose from the charity stripe.6) See you in TOLEDO!!!! Who's makin the trip? I'd like to see at least a couple hundred Zips fans...

CK, All I can say is WHEW! :blink:  Tonites game was one of those ugly nights where a good team wins in spite of itself. The Zips played their worst game of the season on defense. CMU shot 60% from the field and still lost! A win is a win. :cheers:
That's exactly what Coach Dambrot said on the post-game show.He sugarcoats nothing.This was our clunker before the big game.There's not that much diff between us, Toledo, Can't and OU. On any given night in the MAC...well, you know.Let's hope we're on top of it for Toledo.Go Zippers!!! :rock:

uakronkid....the "no shows" in the lower reserved sections has been a problem since JAR opened in the early 80's, when I was a student. SOMEONE needs to FINALLY come up with some kind of solution to figure out how we can increase our team support by filling those seats, but not alienate our big-dollar donors. Now that we're growing again as a program, the solution is hopefully close at hand. First step....fill a couple of lower sections with students, hopefully behind the visiting bench.

Well, let me just say the JAR was very empty.
Attendance:3,327
OK, so it looked empty. Remember that about 500 of those are corporate-owned seats with no one sitting in them.
Kid:I wasn't making any commentary...I was just posting the official attendance in case anyone was curious.Peace bro! :wave:

skip-zip: Not sure I agree with you that the Zips vs Can't is for the #1 seed. If Zips beat the Rockets, they(Rockets) will have three conference losses, and Zipswill the tie-breaker(head-to-head) Also, if the Zips can take care of business at Miami(not an easy task), and OU beatsCan't at Athens, then Zips could have a 2 game lead over Can't when they play at the end of the season. Further more, I do not beleive the Rockets will lose any more conference games within the western division. Of course there are still many games to play.(6) But I do beleive the matchup-up Sat. will go a long way to determining the #1 seed.

The game on saturday is a must win ! Toledo has two losses and it seems like 99% that they won't loose to anyone in their west remaining schedule.If we loose on Saturday, we will have two losses and a very harsh remaining schedule (including @Can't, @buffalo, @miami, and Ohio). We must win this game and fans must be there in Toledo.Students should join the bus trip and other fans/alums should find ways to go there.

The game on saturday is a must win ! Toledo has two losses and it seems like 99% that they won't loose to anyone in their west remaining schedule.If we loose on Saturday, we will have two losses and a very harsh remaining schedule (including @Can't, @buffalo, @miami, and Ohio). We must win this game and fans must be there in Toledo.Students should join the bus trip and other fans/alums should find ways to go there.
Last I heard, there were only 12 seats left on the bus. This doesn't include people that are driving by themselves!