ESPN Seven Round Mock Draft

sgm405

A full seven round Mock Draft was posted by ESPN's Todd McShay hours ago. As with any other Mock, none of this is obviously set in stone - just someone's educated guesses. But hey, it still gives us something to talk about leading up to the draft. MAC Selections#29 (1st) to Baltimore - Joe Staley, T, Central Michigan#98 (3rd) to Indianapolis - Usama Young, CB, Can't State#105 (4th) to Arizona - Dan Bazuin, DE, Central Michigan#115 (4th) to Tennessee - Andy Alleman, G, Akron#195 (6th) to Dallas - Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northern Illinois#210 (6th) to Seattle - Ryne Robinson, WR/RS, Miami-OhioAnd for you Zips/Browns fans...Browns Draft1st - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame2nd - Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas3rd - Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State4th - Laurent Robinson WR, Illinois State5th - Allen Barbre, OT, Missouri Southern State6th - Kevin Payne, S, LA. Monroe7th - James Jones, WR, San Jose State

There's no way the Browns take Brady Quinn over Adrian Peterson. You're talking about the same Adrian Peterson that when healthy is arguably one othe best running backs to play college football. He had an ankle an collerbone injury, it's not like he blew out a knee, so I don't wanna hear about the injury issues. We haven't even gotten a good look at what Frye can do cause he's had a terrible line ever since he's been there. just imagine the damage the Browns could do with Jamal Lewis and Adrian Peterson in the backfield.

There's no way the Browns take Brady Quinn over Adrian Peterson. You're talking about the same Adrian Peterson that when healthy is arguably one othe best running backs to play college football. He had an ankle an collerbone injury, it's not like he blew out a knee, so I don't wanna hear about the injury issues. We haven't even gotten a good look at what Frye can do cause he's had a terrible line ever since he's been there. just imagine the damage the Browns could do with Jamal Lewis and Adrian Peterson in the backfield.
I agree that Peterson is the better pick. However, I do think they need to find a QB...just not Quinn at #3. Maybe give Anderson a shot or draft one next year.

1st - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
If this pick is correct I think I am going to :puke:
The browns (finally) are using psychology and poker strategy in their draft preparation these days. The only reason that "experts" have the browns picking Brady Quinn is because the browns want people to think they will pick him, but they will not pick him.I don't want to have a debate on this, but I am sure there are people who think I am nuts, but personel people in the NFL know very very well that teams will pick players based on how much other teams want them, not just because they have a need for them. I am reminded of when the Browns gave up a 2nd round draft choice to move up ONE SPOT to get Kellen Winslow in a draft position swap, and it was basically because Detroit KNEW they wanted Winslow and called up the Browns and told them point blank that they will take Windlow, even though detroit really wanted Roy Williams. If the browns had kept their desires closer to the vest that year, they would have got Winslow at #7 and kept their 2nd round pick.

peterson would be the best pick...calvin johnson is the best player in the draft and will be very hard to pass up on, but i feel tampa will move up to #2 to get him....peterson is just a complete back. and its perfect because lewis will get 18-24 carries a game while peterson can get up to 10 a game, learning from one of the best to ever play. i believe drew stanton is the real deal....he is a 3rd rd projected pick cuz he never had anyone on offense with him...average d1 backs and receivers....the browns can get a very good qb in the 2nd and 3rd round, and if smith is there in the 4th how could you pass on him, being from cleveland...quinn will not be that good in the nfl...he won't be a bust but it will be very hard to build a team around him

Don't Draft Brady QuinnLove the web site above.I can't for the life of me believe the Browns are going to waste two more draft picks on WR and another on a safety. I'd love to see Thomas in the first, Kalil in the second and Alleman in the third. Potentially three starters for the line for the next "x" amount of years. The Jets did it two years ago when the drafted Ferguson and Mangold. It's time for the Browns to quit having amnesia on draft day and picking the sexy pick versus the solid pick. I don't know that I've posted it here, but if they do draft Brady Quinn and you are interested in going to a Browns game let me know. My tickets will be on E-Bay the next day. $40 -- 17 rows up on the second deck of the Dawg Pound even with the club seats. I'll be tailgating and going home next year if Quinn is a Brown.

Don't Draft Brady QuinnLove the web site above.I can't for the life of me believe the Browns are going to waste two more draft picks on WR and another on a safety.  I'd love to see Thomas in the first, Kalil in the second and Alleman in the third.  Potentially three starters for the line for the next "x" amount of years.  The Jets did it two years ago when the drafted Ferguson and Mangold.  It's time for the Browns to quit having amnesia on draft day and picking the sexy pick versus the solid pick.  I don't know that I've posted it here, but if they do draft Brady Quinn and you are interested in going to a Browns game let me know.  My tickets will be on E-Bay the next day.  $40 -- 17 rows up on the second deck of the Dawg Pound even with the club seats.  I'll be tailgating and going home next year if Quinn is a Brown.
I agree with every part of this post. I see that DDBQ.com is sponsoring a bonfire to burn your Cleveland Browns merchandise. If it's the case, I'll be going carrying a bag of clothes and wearing the one piece of Browns apparrel that will remain. My Chuck Frye jersey.Please...Phil Savage...BE SMART!!! :thumb:

Drafting Brady Quinn will do nothing more than put another quarterback on injured list, but this time it will be a 10 Million Dollar a year quarterback. It solves nothing. Everyone has known all along that Frye is no worse off than many of the star QB's in the league that played for crummy teams during their first year as a starter. In fact, he's better than most of them were.

Drafting Brady Quinn will do nothing more than put another quarterback on injured list, but this time it will be a 10 Million Dollar a year quarterback. It solves nothing. Everyone has known all along that Frye is no worse off than many of the star QB's in the league that played for crummy teams during their first year as a starter. In fact, he's better than most of them were.
I don't know if I agree with that. Frye would look better will better talent around him, but is still pretty average at best.

I agree with Big Zip. The best pick for the Browns in the first round would be Joe Thomas. The O-Line is easily their biggest need. If they think #3 is too high to pick a lineman then they should trade down a few spots and stockpile some more picks but still concentrate on the O-line first and foremost. A good line will allow the offensive skill position players to reach, or come closer to reaching, their potential.

I still believe Phil Savage is an astute judge of talent and can play the "smoke and mirrors" with the big boys. No need to take Adrian Peterson at #3, Browns will trade pick to Vikings who will bite on Quinn, which leaves:Bucs - Calvin Johnson (assume Joe Thomas to Detroit and Russell to Oakland)Cardinals - Amobi OkeyeRedskins - LaRon LandryBrowns - Adrian PetersonFalcons - Leon HallDolphins - Gaines AdamsTexans - Robert Meachem (a reach, but Houston needs targets for new QB Schaub)

The Key for the browns is drafting some quality players from the O-Line or the D-Line. I can even see if they take Peterson or Johnson in the 1st round. @nd round there will be a pretty dominate tackle out of Texas that should be available. Third round, if alleman is there, you have got to take him. Local Boy coming to play for his "hometown" team and on top of that he has soooo much upside. He probably has more of an upside then any other lineman in the draft considering he has 2 years at the position and has already become one of the best available.

Don't Draft Brady QuinnLove the web site above.
Why in the world would they throw another QB to the ground by not getting a line first. How hard is this problem really to figure out?! I don't care how fantastic of a QB you are, without a good line you are mincemeat.----I just found this on FARK.COM gotta love that website and I couldn't help but posthttp://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/they-just-l...-end-255129.php They Just Love The Browns To The Very End 8,844 ViewsOne thing we will never doubt is the intense, eternal devotion of Cleveland Browns "fans." And "eternal" is the key word: Even those about to be executed are woofing it up. Yesterday, James Filiaggi, who was convicted in 1994 of killing his wife, was put to death in Ohio. And these were his last words:"When the Browns are in the Super Bowl in the next five years, you'll know I'm up there doing my magic."If the Browns do end up in the Super Bowl in 2012, we're going to be terrified. Fortunately, there's no real chance of that happening. Whew.Little Draft Week Support For Browns [The Morning After]

Browns will trade pick to Vikings who will bite on Quinn
The Vikings traded up in last year's draft to get Tavaris Jackson. They won't trade up to get Quinn. If he fell to #7 they might take him. It would be stupid...but the Vikings love to do stupid things on draft day.So as to keep this thread Zips-related: Former Zips CB Dwight Smith now plays S in the "Tampa-2" defense for the Vikings. :D

Personally, if I were the browns, I would take phonecalls from teams wanting to move up to 3, and only take a deal that can offer me 2 lower first round picks, or 1 lower first round pick and 2 decent second round picks, and I would grab some nice O-line studs (and D-line too)

I still believe Phil Savage is an astute judge of talent and can play the "smoke and mirrors" with the big boys.  No need to take Adrian Peterson at #3, Browns will trade pick to Vikings who will bite on Quinn, which leaves:Bucs - Calvin Johnson (assume Joe Thomas to Detroit and Russell to Oakland)Cardinals - Amobi OkeyeRedskins - LaRon LandryBrowns - Adrian PetersonFalcons - Leon HallDolphins - Gaines AdamsTexans - Robert Meachem (a reach, but Houston needs targets for new QB Schaub)
According to the draft value board that move would cost the Vikings their 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick to move from 7 to 3.I don't see that happening. He might be there at 7 anyway. The picks between the Vikings and Browns probably are not picking a QB and the Vikings know that.This would also require Childress admitting that he was wrong on Tarvaris Jackson, who they gave up a lot to acquire a year ago.Who knows though, the Vikings might just let the clock run out and not pick.

Heard an interesting conversation about the draft value board and how it's not really accurate anymore for the top picks given how much money teams have to pay those picks. Teams are now more relucant to move up because it costs them so much money for an unproven player. Quite frankly I think this is one place where the NFL Union and Owners need to get together. There are so many good players that don't make one a bad rookie makes because of draft position. If they could come to some agreement on salary slotting for rookies it would make the league better.The real question for Quinn (if the Raiders are truly negotiating with him Russell and Johnson) is how confident are you the Browns will draft you. Are you confident enough to accept a low ball offer that isn't as much as you would make if you got drafted third? With that in mind do you accept a low ball offer that would pay you more than you would receive if you were drafted third. The pundits believe if he isn't draft third he'll fall to seventh and no further than ten. So Brady -- you've got to ask yoursel -- Do you feel lucky?

I'd love to see Thomas in the first, Kalil in the second and Alleman in the third. Potentially three starters for the line for the next "x" amount of years.
That's the way I would like to see it unfold except replace Thomas with Peterson.Most Browns fans, and local news media types are ignorant, scarlet and gray glasses wearing homers! Instead of going through with the draft, why don't the Browns just send a bus down to Columbus and bring back all of the suckeye players. That will certainly satisfy all of the stupid fans around here.Charlie, for the most part, has had about a years worth of game experience behind a truly awful line. Remember that game last year when Braylon Edwards was grabbing his dirty jersey on the sidelines while berating the offensive line for not doing their job? He basically said, "How can this guy have any chance to be successful when he is spending the entire game lying on his back?"The Browns do not need to waste a pick on another QB when they have much greater needs. Plus, Romeo and Phil need to show improvement in the win column next year or they will be run out of town. They can't afford to draft a QB who will sit on the bench all of next year as an understudy to Frye or Anderson. Drafting Adrian Peterson and some OL men will improve the win total over last season. How much? That's anyones guess. As a Browns fan, I am salivating over the thought of lining up Jamal Lewis and Adrian Peterson in the same backfield. It brings back memories of Mack & Byner.Give Charlie at least one more year. If he fails with a good line, a strong running game, and more than adequate receivers, then I will say it is time for the team to move in another direction. Give the poor kid a chance. Also, please do not draft Troy Smith because neither we, nor Charlie needs to deal with the constant distraction of listening to the Suckeye homers crying for his playing time every week. Besides, Smith was not as good a college QB as Frye. Smith was the benefactor of playing on a loaded team. Frye passed for all of those yards while playing on a team with not much talent. That is truly amazing!

Don't Draft Brady QuinnLove the web site above.I can't for the life of me believe the Browns are going to waste two more draft picks on WR and another on a safety. I'd love to see Thomas in the first, Kalil in the second and Alleman in the third. Potentially three starters for the line for the next "x" amount of years. The Jets did it two years ago when the drafted Ferguson and Mangold. It's time for the Browns to quit having amnesia on draft day and picking the sexy pick versus the solid pick. I don't know that I've posted it here, but if they do draft Brady Quinn and you are interested in going to a Browns game let me know. My tickets will be on E-Bay the next day. $40 -- 17 rows up on the second deck of the Dawg Pound even with the club seats. I'll be tailgating and going home next year if Quinn is a Brown.
I am a huge fan of drafting 3 offensive lineman in this draft. There is a lot of 'Good' talent on the o-line in this draft. I hope the Browns move down in the first round because Thomas reminds me too much of Gallery. Draft Peterson first after we trade down and pick up another 2nd round pick. Guys like Sears, Kalil, Blaylock(sp?), Staley, and Alleman are good talents and will be available if we have 2 second round picks and a third rounder.Just my thoughts.