alleman goes in the third at #88

liljc

Hurray for Andy! I'm glad he doesn't have to suffer with the Browns who proved again today that they are the worst franchise in the NFL.

I knew he would be a saint. I kinda thought they would have taken him with their 58th or 66t h pick because of how much they said they liked him. But they were able to wait a little longer and still get him. Great pick up for them. Congrats andy, your a great guy so you deserve everything you have coming your way.

Good for Andy. And yes, I have noticed that quite a few MAC players went in those first three rounds.Does anyone know if this is a record for the MAC for the top three rounds? Must have been 10 MAC players get drafted in those first 90+ picks (sorry, I didn't count). That's gotta be good news for our conference.

Good or Andy. And yes, I have noticed that quite a few MAC players went in those first three rounds.Does anyone know if this is a record for the MAC for the top three rounds? Must have been 10 MAC players get drafted in those first 90+ picks (sorry, I didn't count). That's gotta be good news for our conference.
there was 5 of them taken. But regardless that still has got to be a record for the MAC usually its hard to get 5 players in the whole draft,let alone the first 3 rounds. And on top of that, there are a few more MAC players who they said will be drafted so before it is all over there could be up to an maybe more then 10 MAC players drafted. It shows that the conference is starting to make a name for itself as far as producing talented athletes. Listed below are the players taken and a list of players who have the potential to be taken before the draft is over.Already Drafted:1. Joe Staley Central Michigan2. Dan Buzuin Central Michigan3. Usama Young Can't State4. ANDY ALLEMAN AKRON5. Garrett Wolff N.IllinoisPossible Drafts:Ohio: WR S. Mayle MLB M. Muncy* TE R. Sylvan CB T. Wright N.Illinois:OT D. Free* CB A. Hansbro TE J. Nordin Toledo:OLB M. Alston DT J. Bekasiak TE J. Powell Can't State:OLB R. Guzman TE C. Upshaw E.MichiganWR E. Deslauriers OT C. Ford K A. Wellock*W.MichiganQB R. Cubit OLB A. Ismail Ball State:QB J. Lynch WR T. Moss Akron:OG A. Alleman QB L. Getsy (highest ranked MAC QB) DE J. Reid

Id say, realistically, the ones who have a good chance fo getting drafted are: Muncy OU, Free NIU, and Ismail WMU. Most of those guys should get tryouts as Undrafterd FAs at the least....
I agree. I am very suprised that Free is still on the board. He was listed as the 10th best tackle in the whole draft, so someone is going to get themselves a steal with him..... maybe cleveland?

Id say, realistically, the ones who have a good chance fo getting drafted are:  Muncy OU, Free NIU, and Ismail WMU.  Most of those guys should get tryouts as Undrafterd FAs at the least....
I agree. I am very suprised that Free is still on the board. He was listed as the 10th best tackle in the whole draft, so someone is going to get themselves a steal with him..... maybe cleveland?
I forgot about Ryne Robinson from Miami too. He should get drafted as well. The browns only have 3 more picks in the draft. They still need DL, DT and RB. Although if Free is the best available player, I wouldnt be suprised to see him taken.

4th round, #122 to Dallas
Im suprised he dropped that far but it is a good fit for him. he is big enough that he can go in and fight for some playing time right away... now everyone watch for getsy's name to be called. :)

This is an ideal situation for Andy. Three words......Super Bowl contender. Making the playoffs gives the player an additional source of income in addition to having a chance to win the Super Bowl.I don't know what the offensive line situation is for NO, but being a contender last year probably gives them a pretty solid line. Even if Andy plays as a back up player, he will still get some playing time during games. If they have a solid line, Andy will look even better. It opens the door for a long career as he could stay with NO in a few years, or he could get valuable experience and go to another team.Dwight Smith found himself in this exact situation a few years ago when he went to Tampa Bay.