New Stadium!

I'm really glad they're putting the additional buildings on the east side rather than the west so that the press tower is unobstructed from Lee Jackson Field/campus/Exchange St. I will prefer to sit on the east side and enjoy the view of the home stands, downtown, etc. I'll just be sure to bring my shades in the unlikely event of clear skies B)

There are still many questions that need to be answered. For example, Why do you think they show 6 trees growing outside stadium in front of the North end of the press box tower but only 5 growing in front of the south side of the tower? I'm thinking they would have the trees planted in a symetrical pattern. Are they thinking Manny will come and steal a tree to get even for being forced to move? Why are they so reluctant to include lighting in their plans? Or are the lights there and just retracted like the headlights on a sporty car?

If you look at drawing #4 from uakronkid's post above, you will see lights on the visitor-side stands...is it possible Summa Field would be entirely lit from the one side? More questions: --Will they build green and use fluorescent or LED lighting? It would save a lot on the power bill, you know. --Speaking of electricity, why did FirstEnergy get out-donated on this :unsure: (...and Goodyear) --And did they say anything at the press conference about using the old urinals from the Rubber Bowl as decorative planters outside the front gates?

I was able to be at the press conference this morning. I am relieved that we have such visionary leaders at the U. These men are professionals and didn't let us down one bit. The stadium renderings are top notch, and I think they may not be exaggerating much when they said that their goal was to construct the nicest football stadium in the nation! Go Zips! :rock:

WOW! Flat out amazing. Nobody in the MAC will touch this stadium for a LONG time! I can't say how happy I am with the design. Now, will any donation to the athletic Dept. work, or do you have to donate specifically to the stadium?
More than just the MAC, a lot of schools are drooling after seeing this. This is the catalyst for something huge.

I am absolutely thrilled with everything I have seen so far, with the exception of parking. The University seems to be happy with what they have now, stating that they have 10,000 parking spots already. But everybody knows how hard it is to find a spot during the day. Just think how bad it is going to be when the stadium is sold out, plus all the students who park long-term need a spot.I'm a little surprised that InfoCision paid for the stadium name, but at the same time I have it on good authority that Goodyear is no longer on good terms with the University so I guess it isn't that surprising.All the drawings just look fantastic. I can't wait for game day now. I really hope that we can get out of the mind set though that any side of the stadium is the "visitor's" side. This is a D-1 school in the top tier of its conference. East, West, and Endzones should be all HOME seating. I would love to see more than anything the Akron community come out and fill the stadium regularly so that the away team can never have any real fan showing in our backyard.

--Speaking of electricity, why did FirstEnergy get out-donated on this :unsure: (...and Goodyear)
Because InfoCision is run by a UA Alum who absolutely loves this university. He has already given tons to the CBA, and his name is more precious that Buchtel within those walls.I hope I can do the same 20 or 30 years from now... the rowdies zone would be expanded greatly.

Hey we actually got some more media attention than usual! The PD and Crain's Cleveland Business both actually did articles.... I'm in shock."To see a football stadium on campus, it's like, Wow, we are the University of Akron,' " said sophomore Britney Sage of Copley Township, who has watched the university transform these last seven years. "We're really changing. . . . shedding our old reputation." (PD article)http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/...4120.xml&coll=2http://www.crainscleveland.com/apps/pbcs.d...48&Profile=1048

Because InfoCision is run by a UA Alum who absolutely loves this university. He has already given tons to the CBA, and his name is more precious that Buchtel within those walls.
The cool thing about InfoCision getting the naming rights is that they'll call you every night as you're sitting down to dinner to harass you to renew your season tickets, while also hooking you up with some sweet term life insurance that you don't need.Who knew there was so much money in junk phone calls! Seriously though, does anyone know the terms of the naming rights?