So How Many Of You Zipperheads Are Coming To Oxford On Wednesday?

mollautt

=>In my best Herdiban voice, "So how many of you are coming to Oxford Wednesday night?"Should be great weather...mid-30s and a good chance of rain!From my MAC power ranking spreadsheet: Akron: 23 (23.278 is the number on the spreadsheet) Miami: 28 (27.633)Now that you all eliminated Ohio U. for us, you call all lay down and play dead! But good luck next week vs. CMU tho! :cheers:

=>In my best Herdiban voice, "So how many of you are coming to Oxford Wednesday night?"Should be great weather...mid-30s and a good chance of rain!From my MAC power ranking spreadsheet: Akron: 23 (23.278 is the number on the spreadsheet) Miami: 28 (27.633)Now that you all eliminated Ohio U. for us, you call all lay down and play dead! But good luck next week vs. CMU tho! :cheers:
Are sweaters, dress slacks, and loafers required or can I just wear my sweat top, jeans with holes in both knees and work boots? How much should I tip the valet attendant? Will he even THINK about parking my Chevy? What are the chances of your QB chucking up a prayer and having it answered?Maybe I should just stay home in my trailer, eat cold pizza and beer and watch the game on ESPN ... ;)

gozips88..that is hilarious. Mr. Redhawk, let me tell you that I am a much older Zips fan. And the way you people seem to boast about being the high and mighty of the MAC has just created an impression that, I assure you, is not what you probably want.Plus, we kicked your tails last year at the Rubber Bowl while we were in the midst of a 5-7 season. If I were you, I wouldn't think that warrants degrading the team the put that licking on you.

Wednesday night game...33 degrees...rain...4 hour drive...Zips are not in the MAC East race...need to take a day off work...plus get a hotel...the game is on TV....tough decision, but I will have to sit this one out.I'll place the over/under on Zips fans at the game @ 35.
I thought that was the line for non-parent Miami fans attending. Please double check with your book maker.

Are sweaters, dress slacks, and loafers required or can I just wear my sweat top, jeans with holes in both knees and work boots? How much should I tip the valet attendant? Will he even THINK about parking my Chevy? What are the chances of your QB chucking up a prayer and having it answered?Maybe I should just stay home in my trailer, eat cold pizza and beer and watch the game on ESPN ... ;)
=>Dress as you would to any cotillion. And why would you tip the valet attendant? You driver should be parking the car.***If it comes down to Daniel Raudabaugh throwing up a prayer to win...well, all I can say is he is one of the top 13 starting QBs in the MAC.

gozips88..that is hilarious. Mr. Redhawk, let me tell you that I am a much older Zips fan. And the way you people seem to boast about being the high and mighty of the MAC has just created an impression that, I assure you, is not what you probably want.Plus, we kicked your tails last year at the Rubber Bowl while we were in the midst of a 5-7 season. If I were you, I wouldn't think that warrants degrading the team the put that licking on you.
=>Yes you kicked our tails last year, but we were in the midst of a 2-10 season!Per a controversial NCAA ruling that came down yesterday, all games that took place in 2006 do not count. As such, Miami 11 straight seasons with a winning record is still in tact. Hopefully, by the end of tomorrow night, it will be 12.

Now that you all eliminated Ohio U. for us, you call all lay down and play dead! But good luck next week vs. CMU tho!
Mollautt, do you think we stand a fighting chance???jon_wauford.jpg
=>Now be fair. Wauford never coached another game at Miami after that incident. We know when to take out the trash. OTOH, if it was a Marshall coach, he would have been given a pay raise for such open and obvious display of thuggery.cuts.jpeg

For fun, Google "miami ohio football" then click on "images" and look at the first picture that pops up.
:( For about a half-a-second I thought I was going to see a pic of Doug Penno heaving up his bank shot and then the word "fun" registered and I took the leap of faith that CK wouldn't do that to us. Somebody help me out ... was that a picture of Frye when he was locked on to a receiver or was he in the process of going through his progressions? :)

Did anyone notice that their website says that they are the Mid-American Conference Basketball Champions? I guess they decided to conveniently omit the word "tournament".And after their last-second win against Xavier, I hope they have now officially fallen off the "lucky train", and have now gotten their fill of last second miracle wins against better teams.

Did anyone notice that their website says that they are the Mid-American Conference Basketball Champions? I guess they decided to conveniently omit the word "tournament".And after their last-second win against Xavier, I hope they have now officially fallen off the "lucky train", and have now gotten their fill of last second miracle wins against better teams.
I have to say I disagree with you on this one --1.) I would take a "tournament" championship over a regular season divisional championship any day of the week. I saw what a regular season championship gets you...jack squat.2.) Miami is solid this year. Xavier may be the "sexier" team, but if they play 10 times, Miami wins at least five. On the court, they're very even. That game was in the 50's, which means to me that Miami imposed their will on Xavier. Vintage Charlie Coles, and a nice win for the MAC.

I have to say I disagree with you on this one --1.) I would take a "tournament" championship over a regular season divisional championship any day of the week. I saw what a regular season championship gets you...jack squat.2.) Miami is solid this year. Xavier may be the "sexier" team, but if they play 10 times, Miami wins at least five. On the court, they're very even. That game was in the 50's, which means to me that Miami imposed their will on Xavier. Vintage Charlie Coles, and a nice win for the MAC.
=>My voice is hoarse from last night. Will I have anything for the Zips 2nite?The MAC tourney championship may be more important because, as you unfortunately know from last year, it is the key to the NCAA tourney. However, a regular season title is a bigger accomplishment. That is the true round robin grind. The conference tourney is a silly little event where coaches do not have time to prepare for each opponent and teams have to be concerned about conserving minutes to avoid wearing out in later tourney games. I am more proud of Miami's regular season championship in 2005 than the 2007 MAC tourney title. To me, the regular season champion is the true champion.BTW, at the moment, there is no banner in Millett Hall for the MAC tourney title last year. There is a banner for the 2005 regular season title.I think X is the better team. But the game was not on a neutral court, the crowd was in it, and X took Miami's best shot.

I am more proud of Miami's regular season championship in 2005 than the 2007 MAC tourney title. To me, the regular season champion is the true champion.BTW, at the moment, there is no banner in Millett Hall for the MAC tourney title last year. There is a banner for the 2005 regular season title.
I think that is easy to say when you've had several NCAA appearances over the past two decades (17 overall?). The Zips haven't been to the Big Dance since 1986. Winning the MAC regular season is a hell of an accomplishment, but I would gladly have traded it for a 3rd place finish and an NCAA bid last year.

Captain....I was only making the point that it did not say MAC Tournament Champion. But I do agree with your point that the tournament is very important, because of the automatic bid. And certainly, the regular season championship gives you that bye, and the highest seed, which can go a long way towards making your tournament journey a whole lot easier. The regular season vs. tournament championship, and which benefits you more in the long run, is certainly a good topic for discussion and differing opinions.