hey

usair1493

just figured i would give a shoutout to the faithfull and explain my appreciation of your support this year.it has been great being a zip, and though redshirted, i can assure you that there is nothing more i want to see than a championship. i can't explain how much i enjoy akron, and the people here.Aside from that, i can assure that the zips are workng hard, and that myself personally, am gearing up for next year... take care...go zips!-usair1493

just figured i would give a shoutout to the faithfull and explain my appreciation of your support this year.it has been great being a zip, and though redshirted, i can assure you that there is nothing more i want to see than a championship. i can't explain how much i enjoy akron, and the people here.Aside from that, i can assure that the zips are workng hard, and that myself personally, am gearing up for next year... take care...go zips!-usair1493
USAIR1493,Did you get that name from your wingspan?We're watching your development. Keep workin' and the faithfull with be behind you brother.

Yup, one thing I've really noticed about the VAST majority of Zips' fans (and appreciate) is that if a player is hustling, we love them and support them 100%! It doesn't matter if a player has a bad game, or a bad season, or isn't as talented or naturally gifted as we'd hope. As long as they're hustling, we absolutely LOVE them and are the biggest homers on planet earth! We honestly care about our players as people, and don't just care about wins-and-losses or on-court production. That should take a lot of pressure off you guys; just go out, play hard, have fun and, win or lose, we love ya!Go Zips!

Yup, one thing I've really noticed about the VAST majority of Zips' fans (and appreciate) is that if a player is hustling, we love them and support them 100%! It doesn't matter if a player has a bad game, or a bad season, or isn't as talented or naturally gifted as we'd hope. As long as they're hustling, we absolutely LOVE them and are the biggest homers on planet earth! We honestly care about our players as people, and don't just care about wins-and-losses or on-court production. That should take a lot of pressure off you guys; just go out, play hard, have fun and, win or lose, we love ya!Go Zips!
That's exactly where the Rowdies love of Nate Linhart began. The MVP chant started because it was about the same time Cavs fans were chanting "MVP" for LeBron and he missed two crucial free throws at the end of a game. The following night, Nate Linhart dove and fought for a loose ball while the Zips led by 20 late in the game. I said, "Screw LeBron, that's my MVP." It's fun to cheer for wins, and boo the losses, but you have to respect the dedication and heart the most.

I see you out there going through the motions during warm-ups and always wonder if you still think your decision to come to Akron was a good one. Thanks for the post letting the rest of us know you're enjoying your time here at Akron and are content to work hard in practice, in the classroom, and bide your time until your day to step out on the court comes. I don't think there is any doubt that KD isn't afraid to throw a freshman out there if he feels they're ready - see Steve McNeese. I wouldn't have any problem if you follow in his footsteps! The fans have certainly embraced him.No doubt, as everyone above me has said, we appreciate guys who WANT to be here, give 100% on the court (win or lose), and represent themselves and the University of Akron well in public. Yeah, we like to win and I'd like to think that good-character guys who hustle will produce their fair share of those.I'm sure I speak for others when I say I'd LOVE to see you out there helping to guard against OU's post play tonight and look forward to watching you play and contribute in the future. GO ZIPS!

It is great to see your enthusiasm for the Program remains sky high! I spoke to a Zips coach at the Golf Outing this year and he was lamenting the fact that, back in his playing days as a Freshman, he played a whopping 39 minutes. At the time he really opposed red shirting, but when his senior year rolled around he realized trading a year's eligibility for 39 minutes of PT was a bad deal. Hang in there and enjoy UA! Your time will come!Here's looking forward to your 4 full seasons on the court, beginning in 2008-9! :thumb: And remember: :screwks:

i got it from an air accident that happened at LAX, usair flight 1493 crashed due to ATC error, and it is the accident thatmade me want to be an ATC..thanks for the response..we'll keep working hard and as for myself, getting ready for next yeari just wanted to give you guys a shout out..-usair1493

USAir1493,Hang in there and keep the shoutouts coming. You are one of us and that's agreat place to be. I was a five year man and ended up loving every year. By the time you leave this campus will have a new football stadium, three new dorms, a new soccer stadium, the 4.6 acre outdoor living room (park and gardens) will be built, Carroll and Memorial Halls will be replaced by a beautiful academic buiding, we will be the envy of the MAC, University Village (condos) will be started and you will be burstin' at the seams to be a Zip! A lot of people have left you a good situation and you will pay them back by leaving a great situation for some new athlete. By then you too will be passing on to others that :screwks: