New stadium questions?

xu9697

Can answer the first one for you.... stadium will be all bleachers except for Club Seats and Loges..... I was considering upgrading but found the price a little too steep for my budget... Club Seats are $1000.00 each per season and Club Level Outdoor Loges are $5000.00 for 4 seats.... :blink:

.... stadium will be all bleachers except for Club Seats and Loges.....
Ah yes, prehistoric seating (Mybackissore) lives on. May treat myself to a new clip-on seat with built-in chairback after the upcoming season. Use the one I have five more times and chuck it into the men's "trough" on my way out of the Rubber Bowl for the last time.

I still think the student section in the lawn will be pretty sweet. I know after I have a few too many during a rainy tailgate, I'll be mudsliding at halftime.
That would be fun just for a halftime event once. They should have a Rowdie mud-slide competition. You could know the game before and then bring a change of clothes. And then just slide in the mud at halftime. Doesn't even have to be on the field. Could be where the grass is. Just saying. :rock:

.... stadium will be all bleachers except for Club Seats and Loges.....
Ah yes, prehistoric seating (Mybackissore) lives on. May treat myself to a new clip-on seat with built-in chairback after the upcoming season. Use the one I have five more times and chuck it into the men's "trough" on my way out of the Rubber Bowl for the last time.
That sucks! I was hoping, at the very least, they would go with bench seats with backs. Yeah, if I become a season ticket holder, I may have to purchase the old chairbacks.

the one thing that's nice about bleacher (or bench) seating is that you aren't confined to an exact spot, so if the numbers are far enough apart of someone in your row is not there, you get more elbow room.As a decent sized guy, I can't stand being tucked in like a sardine next to people. The 'Q' is really bad for that, even in box seats. If I sit next to another adult, either I take the arm rests and sitback, or the person next to me has to (absolutely no room for both to sitback). That crap is ridiculous. Every time I'm in a place like that I always ask myself why I can't just pour my own beer (for less than a dollar BTW) on the comfort of my own couch and watch the game.

Speaking of being packed in like sardines...I made my first trip to "The Big House" last year for the OSU/Michigan game. I don't know how the attendance capacity increases every year but they never add seats. That was the most uncomfortable experience ever, and it was raining and cold. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

the one thing that's nice about bleacher (or bench) seating is that you aren't confined to an exact spot, so if the numbers are far enough apart of someone in your row is not there, you get more elbow room.As a decent sized guy, I can't stand being tucked in like a sardine next to people. The 'Q' is really bad for that, even in box seats. If I sit next to another adult, either I take the arm rests and sitback, or the person next to me has to (absolutely no room for both to sitback). That crap is ridiculous. Every time I'm in a place like that I always ask myself why I can't just pour my own beer (for less than a dollar BTW) on the comfort of my own couch and watch the game.
I'm not here to judge anyone's size. But if you go to an ND game or OSU game, that is where you are truly packed in like a sardine. They give you all of 6 inches for your butt before the next numbered seats come along. If Akron does it this way, get ready for an all new kind of uncomfortable. Of course, if you are expecting a 28,000 seat stadium with 18,000 fans...then yes, you will have more room. I'm hopeful the place will be full!

I'm not here to judge anyone's size.
lol, I'm not obese. This isn't like the airline policy where there may be some justification to charging 400+ people extra. I lift weights and its my arms and shoulders that invade the space of my neighbors. I don't mind crowds but you have to be reasonable about allowing people an inch of wiggle room.