Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

sorry for the triple post but I had too many pics lolvisiting standsIMG_1787.jpgstarting to resemble stands more and moreIMG_1789.jpganother one of the standsIMG_1791.jpgdo we know what these are?IMG_1792.jpgtook this pic not knowing that one of the drawings is almost from this exact vantage pointIMG_1794.jpgStadiumNorthWestConcourse.jpgThere's still a lot of work to be done but they are moving at a fast pace! yesterday there was no beams above the main concourse and when I left they were attaching the seventh upright. Also noticed HVAC work has already started in the main concourse. Well that's all for now, I'll let everyone else get the pictures!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics...thanks. it's true--the webcams don't do it justice, wish they had some more & closer angles. I'm guessing the same fellers will start pouring the visitors side stands as soon as they finish the home side.
Excellent pics! Thank you for the effort! Go Zips!
Thanks for the pictures. They look great. It really is nice to see how far this is coming along.
Thanks guys I'm glad you all enjoyed them. I had a good time taking them.
Since no one else has done itLess than 1 year until we are playing at the Info!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Yep, exactly 1 year from this instant our team will probably be thundering through the band and onto the field!!! I can't wait.

Since no one else has done itLess than 1 year until we are playing at the Info!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Yeah, let's get it started...Go Zips !!Beat the evil Indiana Hoosiers !Defend the Info...we need a Big10 win !!
Seriously, how great would it be to bring all the media into town, put them up in that glorious new press tower, and get a home win against a big10 team.*gets dreamy-eyed*

I counted 20 rows for the lower level. Anyone know how that compares to other stadiums?
I thought this was a good question. I don't know how it compares to other football stadiums, but this afternoon I walked by Canal Park and counted the rows there. There were 20 rows in Canal Park as well. So either there is a standard they are following, or they wanted to give the lower bowl the same dimensions as Canal Park. Good decision IMO. Canal Park's dimensions are great.

I counted 20 rows for the lower level. Anyone know how that compares to other stadiums?
I thought this was a good question. I don't know how it compares to other football stadiums, but this afternoon I walked by Canal Park and counted the rows there. There were 20 rows in Canal Park as well. So either there is a standard they are following, or they wanted to give the lower bowl the same dimensions as Canal Park. Good decision IMO. Canal Park's dimensions are great.
offtopic kind of, but would anyone else like to see some more games played at canal park for the baseball team? I mean we have this beautiful facility in town and they already do one charity game there, why cant they schedule a few "big" games there?

Quick thought to bring this thing back up to the top:I was driving home from work today (Work in Macedonia, live in North Hill Akron), when lovely ODOT had Route 8 CLOSED at the 271 underpass at 2 in the afternoon to place steel beams. So me, in my irritation, hopped on 271 down to 77 into Akron. Has anyone cruised through there lately? Heading down 77 South approaching 59 there is going to be a VERY prominent view of the stadium. I didn't realize how visible it would be from there. Granted, it sticks out a little more because of the giant red crane, but a lot of folks will see that jewel from the highway. GO ZIPS! 11.5 months till ICS!

Quick thought to bring this thing back up to the top:I was driving home from work today (Work in Macedonia, live in North Hill Akron), when lovely ODOT had Route 8 CLOSED at the 271 underpass at 2 in the afternoon to place steel beams. So me, in my irritation, hopped on 271 down to 77 into Akron. Has anyone cruised through there lately? Heading down 77 South approaching 59 there is going to be a VERY prominent view of the stadium. I didn't realize how visible it would be from there. Granted, it sticks out a little more because of the giant red crane, but a lot of folks will see that jewel from the highway. GO ZIPS! 11.5 months till ICS!
It will especially be a jewel during night games.

Took my first walk by the stadium site in a long time today. All I've got to say is WOW! This thing is impressive already, when it's done.... I have to admit, I was a little worried that maybe this thing was going to end up looking like a glorified High School stadium (read Dix). Not after walking by today. You can almost see the place rockin with 30,000 as the Zips take one in for a TD now. It has the feel of a big time college football stadium. Can't wait for it to open.