Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

Check it OUT! Virtural Tour of the Stadium!!!
AWESOME!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I like the "A" design on the light towers. Also, that DEFINETELY looks like a restaraunt in the north endzone, with the windows there.
If you're talking about the two story facility in the North enzone. I thought that was going to be the entrance to the home lockerrooms and part of the fieldhouse.
The two glass structures on top of the facility look like street-level entrances. If it was part of the fieldhouse, there wouldn't be a need for entrances from Vine street. Plus, if it is connected undergtound from the fieldhouse, why wouldn't they just use the fieldhouse lockerrooms?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I like the "A" design on the light towers. Also, that DEFINETELY looks like a restaraunt in the north endzone, with the windows there.
If you're talking about the two story facility in the North enzone. I thought that was going to be the entrance to the home lockerrooms and part of the fieldhouse.
The two glass structures on top of the facility look like street-level entrances. If it was part of the fieldhouse, there wouldn't be a need for entrances from Vine street. Plus, if it is connected undergtound from the fieldhouse, why wouldn't they just use the fieldhouse lockerrooms?
According to the UofA site. The endzone facility is a two story building and is for game day operations for the team and the naming rights are being sold for 5,000,000. My guess is part of it will team area used for home games.

Seriously, why isn't that footage part of the commercial to sell season tickets? I'm sure they are showing that to the Suite and Club seat people, but I have to be honest, that got me pumped for the stadium. I also like that you can see more details like what the light posts look like, and the fact that the bleachers will be blue and gold.

I also like that you can see more details like what the light posts look like, and the fact that the bleachers will be blue and gold.
And it better be gold, not Can't piss yellow! I have to say, I think it's gonna have a nice, "Bigtime" atmosphere with the field being below ground level, one end being enclosed by the fieldhouse and the other end open to Exchange Street, very enclosed. BTW, is there another school in the MAC with a field below groundlevel? I know OU has a small mound in one endzone and Western is built on the side of a hill, but there aren't any others that come to mind. Maybe Toledo, BSU, or Buffalo? I've never been to those stadiums.

any one ever see footage of someone sneaking around during night time :ninja: not that I've ever done that :D
If I saw anybody sneaking around in the middle of the night, I would assume it was for a drug deal.I can't wait until the U removes the remaining few houses east of Spicer that aren't fraternities or sororities. They are just as bad as the ones we tore down for the stadium.

Curious, will the seating in the new stadium have the "chair backs" like the bleachers at Progressive Field? In other words, will the seating be a traditional bench type seat or a bench with backs added?
From the club seat sales video posted above, it appears to me one only gets that luxury for at least $1000/seat; the rest of the seats appear to be bleachers only.

Curious, will the seating in the new stadium have the "chair backs" like the bleachers at Progressive Field? In other words, will the seating be a traditional bench type seat or a bench with backs added?
From the club seat sales video posted above, it appears to me one only gets that luxury for at least $1000/seat; the rest of the seats appear to be bleachers only.
That's what I thought as well from the video, which is why I asked the question. This would be disappointing, as I know that Stanford's new stadium has the benches w/backs, and a lot of other new facilities have the benches w/backs as well. Thanks for the reply.

the (current) top of the iron work now shows the slope for the upper level seating on Cam-1 !!!It looks like that is where the top of the stands.
Yes. The stands/tower are being built in sections, going counter-clockwise facing south. Next will be the second half of the home stands, then the visitors side. There will be another three stories on top of the current structure that will become the press box and luxury seating. It will be double the current height when it's done.

:lol:OMG, they could fill it up to the lower level and they could sell tickets for people to ride bumper-car Sea-Doos inside Infocision stadium's Summa-Lake!I'd buy tickets for that.I don't think they can do the drainage until the excavate the south-west corner (where the main entrance is going to be) because if I remember the plan drawings right, the catch basin will be across from that corner in the S.E. corner of Jackson field.

post-350-1217018512_thumb.jpg

:lol:OMG, they could fill it up to the lower level and they could sell tickets for people to ride bumper-car Sea-Doos inside Infocision stadium's Summa-Lake!I'd buy tickets for that.I don't think they can do the drainage until the excavate the south-west corner (where the main entrance is going to be) because if I remember the plan drawings right, the catch basin will be across from that corner in the S.E. corner of Jackson field.
Ah, yes, you are right, they need the catch basin. I would imagine this is something that is permanent. If so, I hope they dress it up so that it doesn't look like a catch basin. Maybe have a minimum water level with a fountain or something like that.

Ah, yes, you are right, they need the catch basin. I would imagine this is something that is permanent. If so, I hope they dress it up so that it doesn't look like a catch basin. Maybe have a minimum water level with a fountain or something like that.
... and every time it fills up in the summer for more than a few days, someone on the maintenance staff will have to throw some organic mosquito control into it. LOL You wouldn't want a very large standing farm for a galactic swarm of bloodsuckers so near to campus.

... and every time it fills up in the summer for more than a few days, someone on the maintenance staff will have to throw some organic mosquito control into it. LOL You wouldn't want a very large standing farm for a galactic swarm of bloodsuckers so near to campus.
Maybe the Plasma Alliance wants to sponsor any blood-sucking mosquito site. Sell them the naming rights!!Go Zips!!

Very Funny :lol: But, everyone here needs to keep one thing in mind. This site drains very well given they haven't installed field drainage and the extra amount of heavy rain Metro Akron has gotten this year. The last two heavy rains haven't left the amounts from the previous rainfalls as they've graded the field area. Once the drainage system goes in. I doubt with the exception of few puddles, you'll be able to tell it has rained at all.

Is it me, or can you NEVER get a good view of the work on the Home side? Always seems dark, distant and fuzzy.
It's the sun.The home side shows up better before 10am. The visitor side shows up better after 3:30pm.
Exactly.It looks like things have slowed down, doesn't it? I was hoping for more steel to go up by now.