Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's my browser settings.They aren't using Java anymore, the page is set to auto-refresh very quickly with the updated image from the cam. It's much more inefficient and can by screwy, but it's a great way to pump up pageviews: every second of viewing generates 6 pageviews now, while before it was one pageview per time visited.If you just leave it up all day long, they get 518,400 pageviews, instead of just the one time you loaded it.

I am not able to bring up the cams.I have cleared my AOL and Internet Explorer cache and cookies. What else is there?Can some one please post a link to the working cams?
it worked for me yesterday from a different computer.I think you may need to clean out your browser cache (not cookies) so that it's not trying to remember the old page

OUTSTANDING JOB ZIPSRIFLE!!! Great collection of pictures! I didn't know the arches outside of the Student Wellness Center were remnants from the old Spicer School! Also, I believe that the two renderings shown of the new apartment/retail complex on Main Street are both accurate renderings. The first (your picture number 5) is of the northeast corner of the site - looking southwest, whereas the second rendering (your picture number 6) is of the opposite corner of the site; southwest corner looking northeast. The only way I could tell was by the fact that the current 8-story building which they are leaving standing - that houses that Japanese restaurant - is in a different location in each shot. In picture #5 the building is to the right of the picture; in picture #6 it is to the left.

I've posted some pics I took of the UofA construction ...including the stadium, this past weekend at the following link: http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,16588.0.html
Thanks Zipsrifle and Ziptrumpet for the pictures you have posted. It is really exciting to see the updates that are posted and the progress that accompanies each picture. The impact of the stadium is monumental, but I also like the psychological effect the Outdoor Living Room will have on the south side of the entrance to Buchtel Hall. So many people will see it when they come for sporting events and it will make a hell of an impression. Our campus is going to be second to none. To paraphrase Mel brooks "It's good to be a Zip!" :bow:

I've posted some pics I took of the UofA construction ...including the stadium, this past weekend at the following link: http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,16588.0.html
Thanks Zipsrifle and Ziptrumpet for the pictures you have posted. It is really exciting to see the updates that are posted and the progress that accompanies each picture. The impact of the stadium is monumental, but I also like the psychological effect the Outdoor Living Room will have on the south side of the entrance to Buchtel Hall. So many people will see it when they come for sporting events and it will make a hell of an impression. Our campus is going to be second to none. To paraphrase Mel brooks "It's good to be a Zip!" :bow:
Actually I had no contribution here - credit should go to Dr Z for the picture I commented on.

Question if anyone knows......how much higher will the steel be on the home side? I thought I saw somewhere that the home side will be 7 stories tall, but I may have been mistaken. The current steel looks like it is about 4 or so now.
It should be double the current height when it is finished. What you see now is a good indicator of where the top of the GA stands will be.

Actually I had no contribution here - credit should go to Dr Z for the picture I commented on.
:rolleyes: Sorry. Thanks to Dr Z as well. :wave: It's still good to be a Zip.

Check it OUT! Virtural Tour of the Stadium!!!
AWESOME!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I like the "A" design on the light towers. Also, that DEFINETELY looks like a restaraunt in the north endzone, with the windows there.
If you're talking about the two story facility in the North enzone. I thought that was going to be the entrance to the home lockerrooms and part of the fieldhouse.