MAC football schedule released

ZachTheZip

The MAC itself made our schedule suck more than it could have. They forced us to drop Kentucky so they could have their weird schedule, and we have a bunch of non-televised weekday games. The last game in the RB is on a Thursday, which we wouldn't do if it was up to Akron. We play 3 MAC West teams but not Miami. Rick Chryst is an idiot. Since he's been here, the MAC has gone downhill and nothing makes sense.

The MAC itself made our schedule suck more than it could have. They forced us to drop Kentucky so they could have their weird schedule, and we have a bunch of non-televised weekday games. The last game in the RB is on a Thursday, which we wouldn't do if it was up to Akron. We play 3 MAC West teams but not Miami. Rick Chryst is an idiot. Since he's been here, the MAC has gone downhill and nothing makes sense.
You may think he is an idiot now, but within a month something BIG is going to break which should change your mind (and this is a four-star Zipmeister/Wisconsin lock").

You may think he is an idiot now, but within a month something BIG is going to break which should change your mind (and this is a four-star Zipmeister/Wisconsin lock").
The only things that would change my mind would be the announcement of a new team to balance the divisions and force Temple to bring basketball to the MAC, or getting into the BCS contract when it is re-written.

the schedule is the same bs it always is.five home games.first two on the road against wisky,and cuse.i dont want to hear how bad cuse is.our record is bad against anyone on the road.i am in no way blaming jd for this mess.once we get the new stadium this crap lpaying money games on the road will end.hopefully things will get better once we get into mac play.hopefully jd will survive this to get to the new stadium.i just dont see how this schedule will get the zips to over .500.most likely we will go 1-3 in occ play.best case is 2-2.this is a team coming of two losing season,and did not need this type of schedule start off 0-2.

I heard the same thing because MAC doesn't like akron but they want temple and us to go to another conference. Thats why I hate the MAC.

If Buffalo is the last game at the RB, and it is on a Trs. night, I will be very, very, very, very disappointed. We need to send the old girl out with a bang.
The only send off fitting for that old girl involves a team of structural engineers and a truckload of dynamite.

I think I got it! Northwestern will leave the Big 10 and joing the MAC. Right?

I think I got it! Northwestern will leave the Big 10 and joing the MAC. Right?
Big East drops USF and DePaul and adds Akron and Temple?

My guess - Temple must decide to be in all sports for the MAC by 2010 or leave football. They announce that they are joining the MAC as a full member. And to round out to 14, West KY gets added. This strengthens bball and allows the top tier football programs to at least become bowl eligible.

One of my favorite forms of speculating is "conference hopping", so I'm going to combine a few of the ideas I've seen on here for one possible (perhaps not so likely, but hopefully amusing) scenario.1) The MAC indeed pressures Temple to commit to being a full member and succeeds, mainly because joining the MAC in FB has breathed the most life into this program that has been seen since the early 80's.2) After first considering WKU and MTSU in the West to balance the addition of Temple, the MAC receives a gift in the form of Northwestern due to bullet #3.3) After 123 years of playing as an independent, Notre Dame agrees to join the Big 10 in 2010. The Irish are joined by Big 12 defector Missouri, with Northwestern agreeing to leave amicably, seeking a more competitive environment in the MAC.4) Colorado State announces they are leaving the MWC to take Mizzou's former spot in the Big 12, leaving the conference formerly known as the Big 10 with a serious dilemma in terms of a name. After much discussion, some nutty graphic arts major develops a NEW Big 10 logo with the numerals 1 and 2 incorporated into the scheme. They decide to remain the "Big 10".