Waddell Interview at UNI

Captain Kangaroo

Barbara Walker seems to be the class of the bunch with a pretty impressive resume. With the way universities obsess over "diversity", she may get the first offer.Do you guys think anyone on the hiring committee bought any of the nonsense from UAM that he wanted UNI to be his last stop? Everyone in athletics is the same....as soon as they get one job, they are looking for the next.

• 2 weeks later...
Prior to his stint in Cincinnati, Waddell worked as an associate athletics director at the University of Akron. There, he helped create the Zips Caravan, which marketed the program by making more than 300 stops throughout Ohio over a four-year period.
i don't remember this. anybody else remember this?

Prior to his stint in Cincinnati, Waddell worked as an associate athletics director at the University of Akron. There, he helped create the Zips Caravan, which marketed the program by making more than 300 stops throughout Ohio over a four-year period.
It's a classic Akron marketing tool: the invisible PR campaign. You come up with a great idea, carry it out in the most discreet manner possible, and then put it on your resumé when it's time for a new job.

Maybe they just forgot the word "Dodge" in front of Caravan. If that's the case, yep, I remember it. :lol:

i remember seeing people with a tent, van, bouncy infaltable thing for kids and stuff all around different fairs, city parties and outdoor events. i even saw them at a concert at blossom one time when i was really... um... sober. they were there i na grassroots effort. I remember summers of 2004 and 2005 if i'm not mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...
i remember seeing people with a tent, van, bouncy infaltable thing for kids and stuff all around different fairs, city parties and outdoor events. i even saw them at a concert at blossom one time when i was really... um... sober. they were there i na grassroots effort. I remember summers of 2004 and 2005 if i'm not mistaken.
You're right AK-Zips, every friday I was at Rockin On The River in Cuyahoga Falls the Zips staff was there. They were at the 98.1 WKDD kids fest as well, so with a 4 year period it is quite possible that there were over 300 events for the caravan.