Ohio University head coach leaves.

He's hasn't exactly hid the fact he's wanted out of Athens since they won the tourny in 2005. Even this year he interviewed for Providence, Brown, UMass, Bucknell, etc... He wanted to go back east and he got it. I personally think hes been one of the biggest reasons for the Bobcats inconsistancy the last few years. Wonder who they can get at this point of the off season.Ray Mernagh also posted something about the move on his web site, http://hoopwise.com/

:wall::wall::wall: I really looked forward to playing Bubba O'Sham and the rest of the Bubbacats every year. Now they might actually put together a decent program. Especially if they lure Boals away. Damn, Damn, Damn. Somebody go kidnap Boals and hide him out in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location until OU hires someone else. Damn.

According to the web site previously posted... (Troop Report)

Take these names off the list as possible replacement candidates: Scott Duncan (UCLA), Brian Fish (Creighton), Jeff Boals (Akron), Gary Waters (Cleveland State), Billy Hahn (West Virginia), Danny Nee, Tony Jones (Tennessee), Chris Mack (Xavier), Mike Jackson (Michigan), Larry Shyatt (Florida), Dan Hipsher (USF), and Billy Donlon (Wright State).
Some of those names made me laugh...

• 8 years later...