Does Joe Lunardi Hate Us?

Z.I.P.

After switching the MAC participant in his tournament bracket nearly every week, from Buffalo to Bowling Green, back to Buffalo and then to Can't State the past two weeks, ESPN Chief Bracketologist Joe Lunardi has finally moved Akron into the Midwest Regional in Seattle as the #13 seed. BUT, would you believe who Joe has the Zips matched with? Aaaaaarrrrrgghhhhh!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

The post-season is an opportunity for us to match up against quality teams that we would not normally get to face during the regular season. Given that we have played VCU home and away in this decade (and even once in the NCAAT), I would not want to play them again. I'd prefer a game against a PAC-10 or Big 12 team. I thought the Gonzaga game was great for us.

The post-season is an opportunity for us to match up against quality teams that we would not normally get to face during the regular season. Given that we have played VCU home and away in this decade (and even once in the NCAAT), I would not want to play them again. I'd prefer a game against a PAC-10 or Big 12 team. I thought the Gonzaga game was great for us.

As far as our NCAA tournament opponents are concerned, Yes, I think that Michigan, Gonzaga, and Notre Dame being from major conferences would have undoubtedly produced the biggest impact. I'd rather have that kind of matchup, if I had a preference. But at this point, I'd take any first round win. And I'd have to think that the Mentor vs. Student matchup against Shaka would have to go in Keith's favor at some point.

As far as our NCAA tournament opponents are concerned, Yes, I think that Michigan, Gonzaga, and Notre Dame being from major conferences would have undoubtedly produced the biggest impact. I'd rather have that kind of matchup, if I had a preference. But at this point, I'd take any first round win. And I'd have to think that the Mentor vs. Student matchup against Shaka would have to go in Keith's favor at some point.

I agree, these were all good opponents. Id love for us to get Pitt. That could be huge for recruiting, and Pitt is notorious for flaming out of the Tournament early.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a different look: MAC Bracket 2015 & MAC Tournament Predictions.

To win the MAC Tourney

UT 22 % chance

UB 21 % chance

UA 16 % chance

BG 14 % chance

CM 14% chance

Hippy U 7 % chance hippie7.gif

The rest are below 7 %

To win the Conference

UT 41 % chance

UA 28 % chance

BG 18 % chance

The rest are below 7 %

Note: these percentages change with every game, click on the link above for proper percentages.

I know this means nothing....

But in today's update, this guy now thinks that BOWLING GREEN would be the MAC representative?

Really? The same BG that we've beaten twice?

Yep...maybe he does hate us.

He doesn't think it it because there's no thought put it into it. For each league's autobid the lowest RPI is automatically listed unless there is compelling case to not do so.