Sharron was one of my favorite Zips, but even his biggest supporters have to concede that he took a step back last year. I think it's telling that Groce - apparently armed with a bigger NIL budget - didn't bring him over. I think he has the potential to be a lead guard in a winning team, but he likely wanted to be paid like he already was one, whoch is his right. Tahj Staveskie is a pretty clear upgrade in terms of both current ability and experience.
I really wanted Eric to stay, but there's no way Akron can pay him like a star (the rumored $700 K) when he hasn't proven to be that just yet. Obviously the potential is there, but the advantage schools like Cincinnati have with NIL is they can pay him that and not expect him to be the centerpiece of the team.
I do think we need a player with some size and scoring ability to replace him. Amarion Dickerson is my dream target, but I'm not sure if we can pull that off.