Jump to content

GP1

Members
  • Posts

    11,244
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    91

Everything posted by GP1

  1. Do you realize how narrow you have defined the search? Throw in, "and willing to live in northeast Ohio", and maybe we'll fill the spot in a few years.
  2. Simple. Football players are less coachable than ever. It's a societal problem.
  3. I have some news to break. Mrs GP1, the luckiest woman in the world, has been contacted about her interest in the Akron coaching job. Her qualifications include, but are not limited to: *Ability to put up with general nonsense. * MBA from UofA. * Ability to throw back martinis at Ken Stewart's in order to numb pain of losing. * Views cloudy days as a blessing.
  4. Fundamental plays are a victim of the transfer portal. There is no time to effectively practice the basics. Catching a punt inside the 10 is one. Tackling is atrocious. Understanding the game situations is horrible. College football is becoming a bad product.
  5. In addition, his estimated salary at LC is $1.5 million per year. On what planet does he leave the NFL for a coach killing school like Akron?
  6. If Joe wants to coach another year at Akron, the job is his.
  7. Lazy journalism, if you want to call it journalism at all. Charlie has a good life in Miami. Why trade that for Akron? Luke would take a huge pay while trading Last Vegas for Akron. The others are names pulled out of a hat.
  8. I'll take the over.
  9. I'm a huge fan of comedy.
  10. I hope it doesn't get to the point where I have to make this decision.
  11. You had to go and say it ......
  12. Yes. The field flooded.
  13. Turnovers and points off turnovers are the two data points that result in winning or losing. The Zips can't win this game because of them.
  14. I was driving home from the Wake Forest vs Clemson game and listened to the end of the Guardians game. Then I switched on the Zips game just in time for the muffed kick. I thought the same thing.
  15. I also heard Atari is getting rid of the joystick.
  16. They don't stand a chance.
  17. I remember CK posting something. I trust him.
  18. Considering recent budget cuts including elimination of a training table and the Kentucky to OSU stupidity, I think it's a legitimate discussion.
  19. I guess I should look at the schedule more. Five of the first seven games on the road. What could go wrong?
  20. Those are all for the fans and students. The players don't care anymore. I wish I was wrong.
  21. There is no more tradition in college athletics, only money.
  22. Why? With the transfer portal, half will never graduate from Akron.
  23. I don't know who the AD was that fired Arth, but I heard they did petty things to him while he was still coach like taking away his parking space. What I'm saying is if I heard this in a a bar in Charlotte, what are people around college athletics saying? Arth was a chump. Moorhead is a big name and knows a lot of people. He'll get a lot of calls from coaches interested in Akron. I doubt he'll have many good things to say about how Akron manages the athletic department. Yes CK! It can get worse. A lot worse. What do I mean by worse? Imagine a Rob Ianello hire only not because the AD is a moron, but because he is the best choice of applicants.
  24. I would have left after Kentucky bailed and they backfilled the schedule with OSU on the road.
×
×
  • Create New...