CSU dominating Can't

zippyfan34

Zipwatcher...I'm defending you on the idea that praising KDs wins is not a knock on Huggins. I'm just stating that I can't agree with someone who thinks that the beginning of the Huggins era and the beginning of the KD era were even remotely similar. And you also might have forgotten that Huggy was working under NCAA sanctions as well. I certainly never implied that KD was left with 15 talented basketball players when he took over the program, and I am sure he did a nice job of turning that core group of talent he inherited into even better players during their careers. I'm only pointing out that the starting point for these two coaches was miles apart.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't see progress here .. you're not watching the Zips .. oh I forgot .. you don't watch them.
I have yet to miss a chance to watch this program blow one MAC Championship game after another. Maybe some of you guys could save us all some time and tell us what we are allowed to be critical about without hurting any of your feelinigs. I really don't want anyone to feel bad around here. Life is too short. Are there ways we should be starting a sentence? Are there problems we should not point out? Are there some ideas some of you have invested so much time into believing that it is really off base at this point? Are we or aren't we allowed to have fun at the expense of some public employees people pay to go watch them work? Are we allowed to point out when a player who stinks, stinks? Are we allowed to make fun of the fact that the endless "building" we are doing is actually not building at all? Are we allowed to expect winning against really bad competition? Are we allowed to point out that with the ooc schedule we play, 20 wins a year should be easy? I'm just looking for some guidance here. Again pumpkins, we don't want any feelings hurt around here and we all need to think exactly the same way. Cults of personality have worked well throughout history; we need one here. Once we get the cult of personality going, we can then read really interesting comments on the board such as.... That 52-50 win against Garbage School A&T was excitiing and I can't wait for the Walsh game next week...... Losing against good teams is really the type of building experience we need.... I love watching defense..... I'm interested to see how history will compare KD to John Wooden...... Nate Linhart is my idea of the perfect athlete...... Man, this ooc home schedule is really money well spent on my season tickets and I can't believe more people aren't willing to spend their hard earned money to watch the same thing...... I don't care that he is so lacking in athletic talent that he can't bring the ball up the floor against a good team, Player X is the best point guard ever..... And the always exciting, "we are building a progam we can all be proud of"....
Keep doing what you're doing....its fun watching from the cheap seats.

This would sure be a dull, uninteresting place if people didn't have different opinions and weren't allowed to express them. Fortunately, everyone is free to state their opinions here, as long as they respect the rules of the forum, and others can choose to agree or disagree with part or all of what anyone else says.For example, I understand the point that skip-zip is trying to make. Some coaches have taken over programs with worse records than the pre-KD Zips, and produced amazing turnarounds.I just think the use of the word "inherit" is somewhat misleading in this context. Inherit is normally used to describe someone being given what someone else created. But I suppose it's technically accurate to say that KD the coach inherited players recruited by KD the assistant coach. The key point is that KD deserves full credit for recruiting better players, developing better teams and producing a better winning percentage than the coach he inherited the program from.What KD has not yet done is produce teams that consistently win the big games and championships. I don't see anything wrong with anyone comparing KD's record to other head coaches, or debating whether or not he and his teams will continue to improve.I always learn things from discussions like this one, so I hope we can all continue without anyone getting upset and taking anything personally.

The only problem here is that some people are asuming the intent behind the words of others. Intent is the most difficult thing to prove in a court of law, and is even more difficult to interpret on an internet forum. It's not possible to consistently and reliably interpret everyone's intent.Rather than assume incorrectly and start a big argument over nothing, it's much more productive to simply ask someone to clarify the intent of their post.Of course, every forum has a few people who aren't at all interested in reasonable discussion, but are more interested in keeping things stirred up all the time. The most productive way to deal with people like that is to totally ignore them.

I'm still trying to figure out why comparing Gary Waters to KD is offensive and a cut-down to KD but comparing KD to Huggins is just fine.Actually, I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with either of them. Hypersensitivity runs a little too rampant here.
After sitting around and reading these posts for the last few days i only have one response or question:Can't we agree that ALL 3 are good coaches? They all are coaches that most any program in the nation would be proud and lucky to have leading it.

Can't we agree that ALL 3 are good coaches?
Sure, the only thing I've taken issue with is GP1's dismissal of the progress that Dambrot has made here.
Glad to hear I'm not alone.Happy New Year Everyone!Go Zips!
The problem ZW, is that you never know which GP1 is posting. The thoughtful Zips fan or the forum troll. :wave: