Akron Can't

zippie

Skip, I think you hit the key factor. The Zips didn't just settle for long shots. They worked hard to get the ball inside, and got good results out of it. Even though they were outrebounded, they were working hard to go after rebounds. The inside passing and shooting is what we've been waiting for all year. Team McKnight (Chris + Brett) was brilliant all day in all aspects of the game. B. McKnight's scoring should not overshadow the fact that he played a complete game -- passing, rebounding, defense. This is the B. McKnight the Zips need to finish the season strong.I also agree with everyone else's analysis of the individual players. The guards generally shot poorly, but the forwards were way over 50% from the field. The team as a whole played their usual good defense, and I hope they learned today that they can win games by letting their front court players carry more of the scoring load.The way the Zips played today really inspired my confidence. Like Quickzips, I was not as worried as usual when Can't caught up in the second half. I thought the Zips had it in them today to come back from that and close the game. They didn't get hesitant and tentative toward the end. They were aggressive and made intelligent plays. I want to see more of this!

Nailed another prediction on the nose....Akron by 14!
Was the 1st thing that occured to me at the final whistle :D I say you're on a roll ZM. Why not stick with the "Zips by 14" prediction until it proves you wrong.I can't help but think that maybe Can't's uncanny knack of selecting good coaching successors has finally run dry. Geno was a tough, gritty player, but I'm not sold on his coaching ability. His game decisions and substitutions weren't so bad, but this team plays less like a "team" than any Can't State squad I've watched in at least 10 years. Here's hoping this continues.Brett's contributions were obvious, but Chris made a couple of shots that were BIG-time in key moments. It looks like his ribs are finally not an issue. I just LOVE watching Nik bust his butt up and down the floor. The play in which he shadowed Fisher (I think) from one end to the other until he (Fisher) ended up charging into another Zip was a perfect example of the energy this guy brings. KD's going to have his hands full doling out minutes over the remainder of the season. It should be fun watching the younger guys continue to develop.

Anyone else like the dance team's outfits? I wonder if the team shop will be selling those jersey's cause I'd love to get one for my wife to wear around the house if you know what I mean.
hey... lets keep that to yourself, okay?

Was the 1st thing that occured to me at the final whistle :D I say you're on a roll ZM. Why not stick with the "Zips by 14" prediction until it proves you wrong.
I congratulate you on your keen insight at the conclusion of today's contest johnyzip, but a lot goes into my predictions. What follows is the process I have been using this year. Step 1: Calculate the combined W/L record differential of Zips and opponents. For example, say the Zips are 10-2 and the opponent is 8-7. The combined W/L record differential is 7. That is 10-2 = 8 and 8-7 =1, and, therefore, 8 – 1 = 7. (Do not simply combine the two teams wins and losses. To illustrate (10+8) – (2+7) = 9, not the correct 7. Step 2: Take the combined W/L differential (e.g., 7) from Step 1 and add (or subtract if the combined W/L record differential is negative) from the most recent Zip’s Sagarin rating (and add 2 more if it is a Saturday game). Step 3: Using 4 for a senior, 3 for a junior, 2 for a sophomore and 1 for a freshman, calculate the starting lineup experience differential. Step 4: Divide the Adjusted Zip’s Sagarin rating from Step 2 by the starting lineup experience differential from Step 3. Step 5: Calculate the starting lineup height differential . Step 6: Finally, the game score differential is calculated by first dividing the experience adjusted, adjusted Zip’s Sagarin rating from Step 4 by the starting lineup height differential from Step 5, then multiply the resulting value by zero and add 14.

Was the 1st thing that occured to me at the final whistle :D I say you're on a roll ZM. Why not stick with the "Zips by 14" prediction until it proves you wrong.
I congratulate you on your keen insight at the conclusion of today's contest johnyzip, but a lot goes into my predictions. What follows is the process I have been using this year. Step 1: Calculate the combined W/L record differential of Zips and opponents. For example, say the Zips are 10-2 and the opponent is 8-7. The combined W/L record differential is 7. That is 10-2 = 8 and 8-7 =1, and, therefore, 8 – 1 = 7. (Do not simply combine the two teams wins and losses. To illustrate (10+8) – (2+7) = 9, not the correct 7. Step 2: Take the combined W/L differential (e.g., 7) from Step 1 and add (or subtract if the combined W/L record differential is negative) from the most recent Zip’s Sagarin rating (and add 2 more if it is a Saturday game). Step 3: Using 4 for a senior, 3 for a junior, 2 for a sophomore and 1 for a freshman, calculate the starting lineup experience differential. Step 4: Divide the Adjusted Zip’s Sagarin rating from Step 2 by the starting lineup experience differential from Step 3. Step 5: Calculate the starting lineup height differential . Step 6: Finally, the game score differential is calculated by first dividing the experience adjusted, adjusted Zip’s Sagarin rating from Step 4 by the starting lineup height differential from Step 5, then multiply the resulting value by zero and add 14.
Classic! I love it!!! Go Zips!!!

Has anyone noticed our upcoming schedule? Following a Saturday game against Can't with a Monday road game and a Wednesday road game? That's gonna be a tough little stretch for the players.
It's a bit rough, but it's a good preparation for the MAC tournament, where there is often less than 24 hours between games.

I knew someone would bring up the "preparation for the tournament", but these games are far too important if we even hope to be in a position to make a run in the tournament. I've just never been a fan of squeezing in non-confrerence games in close proximity to the conference games that are oh so important. If they were home games, or all in one location (like a tournament) it's not so bad. Toledo will get us at at home,....after a stretch of 3 games in 5 days.....with travel.....and little time to prepare for a team that we haven't seen yet this year. And suddenly, Toledo has won 2 in a row, pretty handily, and may just be a pretty dangerous opponent on their home floor. I'd just rather not see us put ourselves in a position like this right during a critical part of the conference schedule. We're 2-3, and will need every win we can get over the next 10 games.

Anyone else like the dance team's outfits? I wonder if the team shop will be selling those jersey's cause I'd love to get one for my wife to wear around the house if you know what I mean.
Hey Dude. I bought mine before the season. Next time you're in the islands, come on over and I'll model it for ya. Do you prefer boxers or briefs? :P:rofl:

best part of the woman's game was when that body painted guy (blue arms, gold chest) in the background of this picture stripped down to his blue speedo and began slapping his ass as a ball state player was trying to shoot free throws.

n39100047_34121790_6333.jpg
also, i did not like the dance team's uniforms. i think they look trashy.

best part of the woman's game was when that body painted guy (blue arms, gold chest) in the background of this picture stripped down to his blue speedo and began slapping his ass as a ball state player was trying to shoot free throws.
here ya go...ehhhhn39100047_34121784_4893.jpg

here ya go...ehhhhn39100047_34121784_4893.jpg
some things I could live without.

So when a half-naked overweight guy slaps his bare butt, that's the best part of the game. But those dance uniforms--way too trashy. Nice double standard.

So when a half-naked overweight guy slaps his bare butt, that's the best part of the game. But those dance uniforms--way too trashy. Nice double standard.
The half naked guy slapped his covered butt and it was funny... in a chris farley sort of way. And the half-naked guy also immediately put his clothes back on after the foul shots. But with the male to female ratio out here, I don't expect many people to agree with me on the dance team.