The Twelfth Game Cometh

GoZips

Tom Gaffney just confirmed it, Morgan State on Sep. 12th -http://www.ohio.com/sports/41823912.htmlI'm a little disappointed, would have preferred to open the Info with a bigger name opponent, but at least it gives six home games. Now being out of state I have to decide to make the first game or the more interesting game.

Tom Gaffney just confirmed it, Morgan State on Sep. 12th -http://www.ohio.com/sports/41823912.htmlI'm a little disappointed, would have preferred to open the Info with a bigger name opponent, but at least it gives six home games. Now being out of state I have to decide to make the first game or the more interesting game.
I am one of those in favor of scheduling a 1-AA opponent once a year and I also think it'll be nice to (hopefully) blow out an opponent in our first game at the Info. However, you are right - Morgan State isn't a name anyone is going to recognize. If it could have been an Illinois State, Indiana State, YSU, Rhode Island, UMass, Delaware, Delaware State or a team along those lines I think it'd have been more exciting. However, I don't want to complain because I know that this late in the year we were surely handcuffed and limited as to who we could bring in. On the bright side, if we hang tough with Penn State and then blow out Morgan State, that would make our game against Indiana a legitimately important big game!

Carlton "Action" Jackson!!!! We are so dead...that dude ran and passed his way to back to back Heisman trophies for me on NCAA Football 07 with the Zips on the Playstion 2. No one could stop him!!!lol :blink: Hope we do not take this game lightly and stomp the hell out of them.
Can we place an order NOW for a freakish pseudo-pass/fumble combo that results in a Zip defensive TD? If so, I'll take two :D Seriously you HAVE to assume CJ7 will be "Skyhigh" (at NOT from a Skyway burger) for this game. It'll be like spring game 2007, only played in the fall of 2009. I'm sort of neutral on the merits of scheduling this one. I DO agree that if you're going the FCS route, don't take a chance on a good program and wind up with egg on your face. Any MEAC/SWAC team should be overmatched by UA, so this SHOULDN'T be an issue. However, this has the feeling of Faust's 1st game (NAIA Salem) to me.....a mere exhibition. Is that the best way to start a new era?

...Delaware State or a team along those lines I think it'd have been more exciting.
You gotta tell me how a game against Delaware State is more exciting than one against Morgan State.
The only thing I can come up with is the "revenge" factor (linkie).....OK, so most of the roster wasn't even born the last time they played, but let's ignore that for now and just humor me :DLinkie - Scroll to 1987

this is great So are they going to update the ticker on the stadium page... or is this Morgan St game not going to be "official" home opener
thats a good point. I wonder if they'll still use the Indiana game as the big party for the opening of the stadium, but that might be a little awkward if there already was a game there the week before...

this is great So are they going to update the ticker on the stadium page... or is this Morgan St game not going to be "official" home opener
thats a good point. I wonder if they'll still use the Indiana game as the big party for the opening of the stadium, but that might be a little awkward if there already was a game there the week before...
lol, that's why I suggested they play it at the rubberbowl. B)

That brings up ANOTHER point. Will any Akron City Series games be played at the Info prior to Indiana? I would assume yes. So we can just lump the Morgan St. game into that category :D