Nicely

MaxZIP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Nicely Some good things in this article
"He said, 'Watch Peyton and how he dumps off passes to his running backs.' (Harris) loves easy throws, smart throws. He hates gunslingers. He calls me Howitzer."
While I do think the PN16 has a big arm, I saw him check down more than once in the Big 33 game.

On Nicely Some good things in this article
"He said, 'Watch Peyton and how he dumps off passes to his running backs.' (Harris) loves easy throws, smart throws. He hates gunslingers. He calls me Howitzer."
While I do think the PN16 has a big arm, I saw him check down more than once in the Big 33 game.
Hey Walt, dumping check-offs to your running backs who come late out of your backfield because the defense respects the threat of your medium to deep routes is something that Peyton Manning can do, but your offense does not experience, because all your plays are inside the box.65215_ci.jpg

Oh yeah Dr, I think it's fun to go back and read who knew what the first Zips play on offense would be....A stupid end around to Jeremy "Isaac" Bruce. Then again, anyone who has watched Zips football for the past two years would know that play was coming!

I think it's fun to go back and read who wanted Nicely on September 21st.Then I started a second poll on September 27th after we got another game under our belt.September 26th Rodgers vs Nicely debate.September 28th Nicely should get two weeks of snaps.

JD shouldn't feel too bad. He'll get to coach the kid for at least a few more games before he gets his much-deserved walking papers. Again, what an IDIOT.STZ
Couldn't agree more. Aren't the coaches supposed to evaluate talent. It shouldn't have taken a Rodgers' injury to get Nicely on the field. Once Jacquemain was dismissed from the team, the Zips didn't have the luxury of his redshirt.
you are right on about talent evaluation with mr. brookhart and his staffs...not only at qb unfortunately...the other problem he has had is not being able to 'coach up' the talent that is there...

I think those of you who are bickering, and name calling are missing the most important point raised in this thread................................... Specifically, thatI am "beloved." I am truly behooved by your pimptastic observation B&G.

RUMPLEMINTZ is usually quite humorous, and, as is the case with our beloved Zipmeister, you can't really take anything he says very seriously. However, RUMPLEMINTZ was quite off the mark in this case.I always look forward to STZ's commentary. And if a passionate Zips fan can't call the Zips' coach an idiot on a Zips sportstalk forum, who on earth can and where on earth can you?!I know ZNO members would never call a student athlete an idiot (except for incredibly well-deserving cases such as Jacq's) but the coaching staff is more than fair game for our angst and criticism.I think JD seems like a great guy. However, as head coach at UA the handwriting is indeed on the wall. I won't feel sorry for him though. He'll be employed somewhere next year making around 5x what I do. Lol.

So, does anybody here have some eligibility left and would like to play for the football team? I hear we have an opening for a 3rd-string QB spot. How awesome would it be for one of us to get that "inside" look at how things really are, even if you are forbidden to post about it during the season. You could come back a much better educated fan with some new perspectives.Really though, we need a 3rd-string QB on the team to run practices effectively and the coaching staff is willing to take anyone they can get at this point.

Really though, we need a 3rd-string QB on the team to run practices effectively and the coaching staff is willing to take anyone they can get at this point.
I would guess that somebody who played QB in high school that is not a major contributor on the team this year is filling that position. You could go through the roster and look at DB, RB and WRs.

Really though, we need a 3rd-string QB on the team to run practices effectively and the coaching staff is willing to take anyone they can get at this point.
I would guess that somebody who played QB in high school that is not a major contributor on the team this year is filling that position.
It makes sense, but there's an ad running in the Buchtelite for a walk-on QB.

So, does anybody here have some eligibility left and would like to play for the football team? I hear we have an opening for a 3rd-string QB spot. How awesome would it be for one of us to get that "inside" look at how things really are, even if you are forbidden to post about it during the season. You could come back a much better educated fan with some new perspectives.Really though, we need a 3rd-string QB on the team to run practices effectively and the coaching staff is willing to take anyone they can get at this point.
Gary Pride seems like a logical option.

Gary Pride seems like a logical option.
:lol: nice

I would guess that somebody who played QB in high school that is not a major contributor on the team this year is filling that position.
It makes sense, but there's an ad running in the Buchtelite for a walk-on QB.
As long as you haven't participated in a varsity sport prior to four years ago you should be OK.

There isn't much new here (BJ story), but I continue to be impressed with how Patrick seems to be handling this situation all the way around. In fact, Zipmeister might say I'm "bewitched, bothered and bewildered". I just hope the weather allows him to show his stuff this weekend above the Arctic Circle.BJ Link

JD= ''For a young freshman who we weren't sure how much he really knew, I thought he did a good job,'' Brookhart said. ''It's fairly obvious he has a little moxie to him, a little confidence, a little swagger. Our job is to make sure we give him the ability to succeed.''Why don't you know?

JD= ''For a young freshman who we weren't sure how much he really knew, I thought he did a good job,'' Brookhart said. ''It's fairly obvious he has a little moxie to him, a little confidence, a little swagger. Our job is to make sure we give him the ability to succeed.''Why don't you know?
Because the only people who are sure they know everything are those who post on sports forums. ;)

I think those of you who are bickering, and name calling are missing the most important point raised in this thread................................... Specifically, thatI am "beloved." I am truly behooved by your pimptastic observation B&G.
RUMPLEMINTZ is usually quite humorous, and, as is the case with our beloved Zipmeister, you can't really take anything he says very seriously. However, RUMPLEMINTZ was quite off the mark in this case.I always look forward to STZ's commentary. And if a passionate Zips fan can't call the Zips' coach an idiot on a Zips sportstalk forum, who on earth can and where on earth can you?!I know ZNO members would never call a student athlete an idiot (except for incredibly well-deserving cases such as Jacq's) but the coaching staff is more than fair game for our angst and criticism.I think JD seems like a great guy. However, as head coach at UA the handwriting is indeed on the wall. I won't feel sorry for him though. He'll be employed somewhere next year making around 5x what I do. Lol.
Lol. I'll bet no one's ever said that about you before, eh, Zipmeister? ;)

Because the only people who are sure they know everything are those who post on sports forums. ;)
Just think if JD was SURE what his true freshmen knew how that might change our lineup...

Just think if JD was SURE what his true freshmen knew how that might change our lineup...
If you know how to determine for SURE how a true freshman will perform against D1 competition, as opposed to what he showed in high school or in practice, please don't waste your great knowledge posting it here. Share it directly with the Zips coaching staff.