Ticket sales for Syracuse

Zipgrad01

I would have been ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if reserved seats were sold out now. And I will still be pleasantly surprised if they are sold out on game day. As for the total crowd, I'd like to see 15,000, and will be surprised if it's over 20,000. But, a large Syracuse contingent could possibly push us to that number.

We'll break 20k, I won't say easily, but we will. It's opening day, labor day weekend, 70 and sunny and a (crappy) Big East team in town. The team hasn't had a chance to get thwomped by some big boys yet so there is optimism in the general public that knows nothing of Zips football.

(Disclaimer: I have optimism every year prior to the season, this year more than some others, but for those that know nothing of college football, every season might as well be a clean slate)

I am expecting between 20-25k for the game. Syracuse will bring 5k by themselves, so I am sure that we will draw fairly well. People will be optimistic because of a new coach, plus we are playing a name opponent. Like I said earlier...2 of the 3 pricing levels on ticketmaster show no tickets. I can't imagine that we would be saving tickets for game day walk up sales.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if reserved seats were sold out now. And I will still be pleasantly surprised if they are sold out on game day. As for the total crowd, I'd like to see 15,000, and will be surprised if it's over 20,000. But, a large Syracuse contingent could possibly push us to that number.

We'll break 20k, I won't say easily, but we will. It's opening day, labor day weekend, 70 and sunny and a (crappy) Big East team in town. The team hasn't had a chance to get thwomped by some big boys yet so there is optimism in the general public that knows nothing of Zips football.

(Disclaimer: I have optimism every year prior to the season, this year more than some others, but for those that know nothing of college football, every season might as well be a clean slate)

Put me in the "We'll be lucky to have 15,000" camp. All the students will be home for Labor Day and nobody really knows Syracuse is in the BCS.

Put me in the "We'll be lucky to have 15,000" camp. All the students will be home for Labor Day and nobody really knows Syracuse is in the BCS.

Why would the students all be home for Labor day? Most of the students live within 30 miles for campus anyway. This isn't Christmas...students will be partying all weekend, not spending it with family. Sunday and Monday yes, but not Saturday evening.

You can't be serious? :rolleyes:

It will be 25k+.

And everyone in Akron knows Syracuse is BCS.

And I will drink a lot of beer on Saturday.

Those are three stone-cold locks.

If we had 15k in attendance for our home opener versus Syracuse, Tom Wistercill (AD) would be fired before halftime.

You can't be serious? :rolleyes:

It will be 25k+.

And everyone in Akron knows Syracuse is BCS.

And I will drink a lot of beer on Saturday.

Those are three stone-cold locks.

If we had 15k in attendance for our home opener versus Syracuse, Tom Wistercill (AD) would be fired before halftime.

I'll say 21k, but I'm in complete agreement with your other two locks :cheers::CK_brew::cheers::CK_brew::cheers::CK_brew:

I would say 15,000. They haven't done a very good job getting students excited about the game. More people are talking about soccer on campus than football.

If that is true, and I don't believe it is, someone should be held accountable. Who? The same guy that spend his summer creating a huge buzz-kill surrounding the football program rather than marketing it.

25k should be a "given." And YouTube Tom should live another day, and create more videos.

I would say 15,000. They haven't done a very good job getting students excited about the game. More people are talking about soccer on campus than football.

I don't believe this for a minute. I don't care if we win the national title every year for a decade....people don't care about soccer.

I don't believe this for a minute. I don't care if we win the national title every year for a decade....people don't care about soccer.

Believe whatever you want. On campus, nobody is excited about football.

Might have to do with the focus on marketing being "hey, we have a new coach, but that's all we really have going for us right now". The coach's face is plastered on everything related to the team but there's almost nothing about the actual team, who they play, or any of the actual players. A great marketing tool is to create a star player (we have several in Allen, Nicely, LaFrance, Wagner, and Sewell) and show that the game is about the players and what they can do on the field. We get none of that, though.

Might have to do with the focus on marketing being "hey, we have a new coach, but that's all we really have going for us right now". The coach's face is plastered on everything related to the team but there's almost nothing about the actual team, who they play, or any of the actual players. A great marketing tool is to create a star player (we have several in Allen, Nicely, LaFrance, Wagner, and Sewell) and show that the game is about the players and what they can do on the field. We get none of that, though.

Then lead them there, ZTZ!!!!

I believe ZTZ has mentioned several times he will be watching soccer on Saturday, not football. I think we could do a little better as far as a Pied Piper goes...

I believe ZTZ has mentioned several times he will be watching soccer on Saturday, not football. I think we could do a little better as far as a Pied Piper goes...

Sorry. I have not been following his tweets.

Sorry. I have not been following his tweets.

:lol:

I would much rather be in North Carolina than Akron this weekend, but the plans for a trip down there fell through. I'll be at the Info with everyone else.

If the UA campus was 8-10 year old boys and girls at the YMCA I would believe you. However, no college campus in North America (especially Ohio) is going to be excited about soccer season and not the football team. Nothing you can ever say that will convince me of that.

You all can believe what you want, but I am actually a student on campus and people just aren't that pumped about football. I am not saying students aren't going to go, they will, but there isn't that feeling of excitement on campus like there was last year before the info opened. Students are talking about soccer because they like to win. Students talk about football and laugh about how much of a joke it is.

You all can believe what you want, but I am actually a student on campus and people just aren't that pumped about football. I am not saying students aren't going to go, they will, but there isn't that feeling of excitement on campus like there was last year before the info opened. Students are talking about soccer because they like to win. Students talk about football and laugh about how much of a joke it is.

What happens if soccer loses a couple of games??

What happens if soccer loses a couple of games??

The old saying "Build It and They Will Come" is so apropos to UA's current situation as it relates to football fan enthusiasm, and student attendance at games. We now have a beautiful venue (the 1st part of the "build it" equation). With any luck this year, we will have "built" the most important part, i.e., "The Start of a A Winning Football Tradition". As I'm sure most will agree, it is that 2nd part that will truly elevate this program to where we all want it to be. Win and They Will Come. It's time to get this started! It starts this Saturday evening, 9/4/2010. The start of Something Big.

GO ZIPS!!!! 2010 :champs: